Collections and Deductions Analyst
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This is a US based remote role.
Under general direction Director-Generics, the Collections and Deductions Analyst is responsible for providing key decision makers with information to support company initiatives and strategy related to Cencora’s PRxO Generics business. This role is primarily responsible for the analysis and interpretation involved with issue resolution research and creation and enhancement of standard report requests for internal and external customers.
- Monitor and track the daily analysis of customer disputed invoices/short-payments on a very high volume-based activity.
- Perform analysis of customer accounts based on the customer's purchases, payment history, credit worthiness, credit limit exposure and our business strategy.
- Track and evaluate past due A/R accounts to reduce the risk of credit exposure
- Evaluate credit worthiness of accounts and determine proper account order hold or releases
- Ability to research cash application matters on customer accounts
- Evaluate aged items for bad debt write off and refund analysis
- Perform offsetting adjustments to ensure customer account balances are properly stated
- Contact customers to secure payment on overdue balances, issues resolution on open items
- Provide guidance and support to Sales and Operations Managers, Logistics, Common carrier disputes, outside Distribution operations about the release of orders to accounts that have aged accounts receivable.
- Maintain a strong cross functional communication with Sales, Logistics, and Management regarding identified account risks, potential credit problems, disputes and customer comments. Identify and escalate as necessary.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports and updates to key stakeholders
- Maintain and manage all data related to customer discounts, allowances and other deductions in SAP
- Track work on deductions issues unless the issue is resolved
- Research Cash Applications done on customers from Bank Statements
- Following SOP business rules, and through case creation, generate a credit memo where applicable to resolve customer financial disputes.
- Ensures GAAP, SOX and Watts policies and procedures are adhered to and the ongoing operation, maintenance and controls of the AR system
- Ensure proper SOX documentation on customer accounts, credit memo issuance and approvals
- Support audits of deductions, payments and write-offs
- Identify and assist in the preparation of accounts for placement with collection agencies or 3rd Party activity.
- Financial recovery of invalid disputed customer account receivables balances
- Negotiate and structure payment plans
- Ensure customer accounts are accurately stated in adherence to US GAAP
What your background should look like
- Requires completion of a four year Bachelor’s Degree Program
- 5 years minimum of A/R Dispute resolution experience in a large organization, working with vendor portals
- 5 years minimum of Cash Application research and analysis
- Must have Advanced Excel skills: writing advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.
- 5 years of experience working with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to achieve business results effectively and professionally
- 5 years following GAAP and SOX requirements in a publicly traded company
- Ability to work in a global team environment
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.