Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This is a position within the Legal Department that is held by a lawyer with strong legal skills and the ability to deliver business-oriented, effective and efficient legal services, project management, and strategic counseling on significant business or corporate matters or in a particular specialty practice area (e.g., litigation, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, privacy law, health law, technology law, or employment and labor law).
This is a virtual (US Based) position.
- Will advise clients on complex legal and regulatory issues in the areas of digital health, technology solutions and services, artificial intelligence / machine learning, intellectual property, and commercial data analytics.
- Required to draft and negotiate a high volume of commercial agreements.
- The lawyer in this role is responsible for the delivery of effective legal services to his or her clients.
- In this role, the lawyer is required to be adept at handling legal projects, matters, and issues and should demonstrate technical legal skills and expertise sufficient to undertake customary and/or recurring projects, matters, and issues with minimal supervision in most instances.
- The lawyer in this role should have the capability to demonstrate project management skills because the Senior Counsel role often requires the lawyer in this role to take on mixed legal and business responsibility for, and project management of, contracts or other matters that the client group wants to pursue.
- The Senior Counsel should be able to represent Cencora and his or her relevant client groups on customary business contracts or other matters. The Senior Counsel may be required in these situations to have an integral role in both legal and business negotiations.
- The Senior Counsel should demonstrate decision-making capability and should be proficient in being able to make business-oriented yet legally compliant recommendations to his or her clients.
- The Senior Counsel is expected to solve a range of straightforward problems, analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures.
- The lawyer in this role should be able to juggle multiple matters and effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks to ensure that work is completed in a timely and efficient matter.
- The Senior Counsel is expected to effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably.
- The lawyer in this role is expected to seek out and accept developmental opportunities.
What your background should look like
Must have a minimum of 4 to 8 years of experience as a lawyer combined with expertise in one or more specialty areas of legal practice, including privacy/security law, health law, technology law, and intellectual property). The lawyer in this role should have sufficient expertise in those areas of legal practice that are necessary to provide legal counsel effectively to his or her clients.
Law Degree - must be a graduate of an accredited law school and admitted into the state bar.
The lawyer in this role is comparable to a senior associate or counsel in a law firm and is a lawyer who can do sophisticated work as an individual contributor (with minimal guidance and oversight from his or her manager in most instances) and/or supervise and project manage other individual legal professionals to do the work.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and legal procedures
Ability to negotiate and manage strategic healthcare data and technology solutions agreements, including arrangements involving digital therapies, artificial intelligence, and software solutions
Willingness to work with fast-paced business teams on reviews of new services arrangements and product launches, as well as updates to existing technology products and services
- Ability to advise on intellectual property issues and assist with managing global intellectual property portfolios
- Proficiency in complex healthcare regulatory laws and issue resolution
- The lawyer in this role has the expertise and background to be comfortable supervising outside lawyers engaged to work on matters for Cencora, including outside lawyers from law firms used by Cencora for assignments in the lawyer’s area of practice for Cencora
- In this role, the lawyer is expected to build knowledge of Cencora’s businesses and industry policies and practices
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to resolve complex issues effectively.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to follow and interpret legal trends.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.