Director - Global Clinical Supply Solutions
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide and are part of Fortune 10 corporation AmerisourceBergen.
Under general direction of the Vice-President Sales and Services, responsible for the global management of the Clinical Supply Solutions service, including oversight of all World Courier owned depots and qualified depot vendors. Accountable for commercial and financial performance (P&L) to ensure profitable growth, regulatory compliance and operational performance of the Service. The Director will work closely with all functions (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Quality, IT, Legal, Finance and HR) and Regions on initiatives to support profitable growth and flawless execution.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
This position is available on a hybrid working basis with time split between remote, office based and international travel. Base country location is flexible due to the global scope of this role, but must based in a country within timezones UTC -5 to UTC +2 (i.e. East Coast US EST to Eastern Europe Time EET). The successful candidate must also be located in close proximity to a World Courier office location to ensure connectivity with the team and network.
- Responsible for the profitable growth and operational success of the Clinical Supply Solutions service, including oversight of depots
- Defines and develops the Clinical Supply Solutions service strategy in partnership with the VP Strategy and Services
- Delivers the CSS service line strategy, including commercial and operational objectives, and includes identifying, communicating and directing critical activities that will enhance performance of depots
- With the VP Sales and Services, develop partnerships as required to enhance the CSS value proposition
- Promotes development of the CSS lead team, including professional development, succession planning and training
- Ensures storage facilities follow current GMP requirements, local regulatory affairs, legal requirements and World Courier Standard Operating Procedures (or any other as required)
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement ensuring enhancements and agreed preventive actions are implemented across the network
- Partners with senior leadership – both functional and regional - and depot management team to ensure adherence to quality, delivering quality standards and best practices
- Maintain regular reporting on service KPIs, including commercial, financial and operational performance.
- Manage the pipeline of CSS opportunities, and work with local and global sales teams to ensure that client interactions convey World Courier’s capabilities and commitment
- Support BD in the management of key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities, including bid defenses and issue resolution
- Interact with business development in presenting the company and capabilities, review and decide on potential business opportunities, review and approve proposals
- Be aware of competitive offerings and regularly refresh a perspective of World Courier’s differentiators in the market
- Identify and implement methodologies including IT initiatives to enable efficient and effective clinical operations following the latest trends in the market that ensure depot services remain a competitive solution for clients
- Co-ordinate and communicate effectively to promote a collaborative environment within the network
- Work closely with finance on budgets and project accounting. Is responsible for financial management to achieve designated targets and to control expenses, as needed.
- Partners with designated human resource representative to ensure compliance with all HR practices
- Flexibility and availability to travel as required
What your background should look like
- Experienced in warehousing activities linked to the healthcare industry
- Master’s degree in Business or equivalent in healthcare administration is preferable
- At least 5 years clinical trials/ health care related management experience
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, health care administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations
- Understanding of Cencora's policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company’s assets
- Understand clinical trial and 3PL operations and associate finances
- Ability to perform financial planning and budget preparation tasks, as needed
- Effective interpersonal skills: one-on-one and in groups
- Excellent writing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and data management skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to follow and interpret profit and loss statements
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Experienced in building personal collaborations, networks and teams inside and outside of the organization
- Strategic thinking skills; able to generate ideas and opportunities and turn them into successful results
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Able to adapt to change
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle unexpected problems under pressure
- Working in a matrix environment where influencing skills are key
- Able to represent the company in a variety of internal and external settings
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.