Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Sunday 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
Monday to Thursday 3:30 pm to 12:00 am
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meeting deadlines for local pick ups and deliveries.
- Drivers are expected to be uniformed and look neat, clean and professional
- Vehicles must be kept clean and supplies organized
- Following special pick up and delivery instructions.
- Tendering and recovering from the airports.
- Complying with cold chain management instructions.
- Maintaining a daily vehicle log and work manifest.
- Obtaining shipment damage reports, when necessary.
- Remaining in constant communication with Dispatch department.
- Demonstrate the ability to load/unload cargo, secure load, and obey traffic rules.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all sites.
- Follow COVID-19 protocols for both World Courier and World courier Clients.
- Must be available for some overtime as some of the driving distances cannot be handled in a typical 8 hour work day
- Ability to lift, lower, and slide packages weighing 25 to 70 lbs. Drivers are required to be physically fit.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- General driving knowledge of the airports and tri state area
- Dangerous Goods training
- TSA training
- Cold chain training
- Live animal handling
- Professional demeanor
- Temperature monitor training
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
No more than 3 moving violations and or accidents in the past 3 years
No more than 2 moving violations and or accidents in the past year
Drivers should have no "major convictions" within last 5 years:
a. "Major convictions" include:
- i. Driving while intoxicated or "under the influence" (DWI or DUI)
- ii. Leaving the scene of an accident
- iii. Careless or reckless driving violations
- iv. Homicide or assault through the use of motor vehicle
- v. Attempting to elude a police officer
- vi. Drivers who have a suspended or revoked license or those who have had 3 or more license suspensions in the past
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.