Field Reimbursement Specialist- Northern California
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life changing therapies! From oral medications to biosimilars to critical cancer treatments to infusions, our associates, with their passion for patients, represent these therapies providing education, coverage, and access solutions to healthcare personnel.
Field Reimbursement Specialists (FRSs) will plan and engage with customers, leveraging client approved resources, to educate on access and reimbursement topics relevant to assigned client’s product. The FRS will manage daily activities that support appropriate patient access to our client’s products in the provider offices and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and reimbursement support services offered by our clients. Our teams travel weekly, sometimes requiring overnight travel, to healthcare offices within a designated territory, using their knowledge of coverage, patient assistance, and health policy to educate office staff and break through access issues to ultimately help patients.
As an FRS, a typical day might include:
- Educate provider office staff and practice managers on logistics needed to support client product, including infrastructure needed to support in-office administration including buy and bill and monitoring of product, and important coverage and payer policy changes within assigned territories.
- Educate provider office staff with understanding the payers’ coverage management strategies for product, including coding, billing, formulary, prior authorization, and appeal processes.
- Probe to understand office processes and ability to discern root causes of access or reimbursement issues
- Deliver interactive educational presentations at various provider sites of service
Provide information on relevant reimbursement topics related to our client’s products based on client’s approval
Performs other related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
- Ability to conduct field-based reimbursement and access support, education, and consultation to key account customers and cross-functional partners.
- Understands the dynamics of Specialty Pharmacy vs. Specialty Distribution
- Broad understanding of the physician buy-and-bill model vs. assignment of benefits to alternate sites of care.
- Experience in revenue cycle, buy and bill (including billing with miscellaneous J-code), formulary, benefit investigations, prior authorization, coding, and appeals processes
- Deep understanding of medical and pharmacy benefits/policies.
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of a major airport in the listed location and be able to travel within a territory that includes but may not be limited to Northern California including San Mateo, San Jose, and Sacramento.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree or specific Practice Management experience preferred.
- Project management skills
- Experience with ophthalmology
- Experience with extensive travel
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Xcenda, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.