Maintenance Tech III
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
1. Ensures effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and systems.
2. Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
3. Oversees and provides assistance with any maintenance, modifications, and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment.
4. Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and defines necessary modifications.
5. Manages the inventory of spare parts in a CMMS environment.
6. Keeps distribution center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
7. Provides assistance in the configuration, maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE.
8. Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
9. Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance, janitorial, snow removal, landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE systems.
10. Responsible for associate relations functions including directing, supervising and developing a staff of Maintenance Support Specialists.
11. Associate is required to work split shifts, nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Facilities /Plant Management preferred; requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (4) years related and progressively responsible experience; strong electrical background preferred. Experience in the development of preventive maintenance programs, disaster planning, and knowledge of diesel powered back-up generators, electric and diesel fire pumps, air handling units and roof top air conditioning units.
- Complete technical and operational knowledge of industrial mechanical components and systems. (Bearings, Pumps, Piping, pneumatics, carpentry, facility integrity…etc)
- Complete technical and operational knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic equipment and systems. (single phase motors, 3-ph motors, AC Control equipment, DC control equipment, batteries and DC circuits, NFPA 70e, electrical measuring equipment, power supplies….etc.)
- Complete understanding to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment.
- Safe operating practice training for power tools and powered equipment
- Complete Metal work capabilities. (measuring, cutting, arc welding, oxyfuel welding, tig welding..etc)
- Ability to read, interpret, and create CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Capable of creating project cost and project analysis reports.
- Strong Project Management abilities
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong prioritization and scheduling abilities
- Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of CAD preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and Manhattan Associates’ Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
- Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to operate independently, to multi-task, and to prioritize quickly
- Ability to coach and train Level 2 Maintenance Associates in all aspects of work scope
- Ability to inspect work of all Level 2 work tasks
- Trained and capable of assessing safety conditions and communicate corrective measures
- Ability to make recommendations to improve service delivery based on customer feedback
- Working Refrigeration Theory
- Working knowledge on Energy conservation
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.