Controls Engineer, Manufacturing and Facilities Operations
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
- Design, configuration, integration, and implementation of process control solutions.
- Development and review of electrical schematics, P&IDs, software systems and logic, hardware / software design specifications.
- Development and execution of control system testing protocols.
- Management of automation projects.
- Installation, testing, and start-up of on-site control systems.
- Training engineering and maintenance on control systems.
- Assists with problem isolation and repair of packaging process equipment.
- Maintains vendor relationships and assists with problem resolution.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by proposing performance improvements or cost reduction changes generated through process, part or material changes.
- Assists with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) including verification of accuracy of wiring diagrams and PLC and HMI software.
- Obtains quotations for electrical and control systems work needed for projects and daily operations.
- Assists with establishing preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance on packaging equipment.
- Investigates and solves reported manufacturing and service problems.
- Supports all IQ, OQ and PQ activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Some travel will be required, including international.
What your background should look like
Educational requirement includes completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program in an engineering discipline. In lieu of an engineering degree, a minimum of three (3) years of directly related and progressively responsible experience or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and technical expertise in the field will be considered.
The ideal candidate would possess working experience and knowledge of generic pharmaceutical packaging and a variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies. Requires experience with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. A quality mindset and a wide degree of creativity and latitude are expected.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical packaging equipment and PLC / HMI software systems.
- Experience and understanding of PLC and HMI software including but not limited to Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and ELAU control systems.
- Experience designing and programming control system with emphasis on PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA systems.
- Experience in commissioning and start-up of control systems.
- Understanding of Information Technology (IT) and networking as it relates to the production environment.
- Maintenance troubleshooting skills to include electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects that improve the operational effectiveness of process manufacturing.
- Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ execution.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC) and other international standards.
- Thorough understanding of computer operations including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and 21 CFR Part 11 requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Knowledge of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Familiarity with serialization equipment and requirements is a positive.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills; attention to detail
- Team Player
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Amerisource Health Services, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.