Regional Sales & Marketing Director - Nordics, Central & Eastern Europe
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide and are part of Fortune 10 corporation AmerisourceBergen.
Under the general direction of the Regional Vice President and supervision by the Vice President Global Sales, the Regional Sales and Marketing Director provides leadership and is responsible for the execution of sales, account management and to support regional marketing within their designated region in support of the overall business strategy. This position is responsible for generating profitable revenue, enhancing market share and continually looking for ways to differentiate World Courier from its competitors. This position has significant visibility with customers and within World Courier and will collaborate at executive levels.
This position is available on a hybrid working basis, with time distributed between home, office and international travel. While we are flexible to consider the position in the countries listed, the ideal candidate should have easy access to a World Courier office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible in conjunction with country management for the achievement of the regional net external revenue target ensuring that this is achieved with the appropriate margin.
Strategy and Strategic Collaboration
- Develop and implement a strategic commercial plan to attain the regional goals, while utilizing a consultative sales approach of uncovering customer business needs and positioning AB World Courier solutions to address those business needs. This includes managing the entirety of the sales funnel from customer segmentation and target identification to lead generation and nurturing to opportunity close and on-going account management.
- Maintain alignment with the Commercial, Marketing, Strategy, Services and Operations leadership to implement and drive sales effectiveness and promote the full range of solutions.
- Works closely with country managers, regional sales managers, sales, global inside sales, sales support, pricing, quoting teams/experts, and marketing to implement key initiatives.
- Provide support to the Global Key Account Management program and International Business Group (IBG) cross selling.
- Responsible for prioritising and executing regional marketing events and campaigns, working closely with the Regional Marketing Specialists in conjunction with the global marketing function.
- Meet regularly with existing and prospective key customers and provide leadership to sales teams in securing and building business partnerships with their selected customer base. Encourage engagement with the Key Account Management Program to support local sales activity within those accounts.
- Working with the Global Sales and Marketing Team to develop and execute the WoCo go to market plan for all business segments.
- Interacts with sales & and customer services and Customer Success Project Managers to support the sale and implementation of customer tailored solutions.
- May directly manage and/or act as a sponsor to a number of customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that the customer-facing team has the appropriate understanding of all World Courier’s and IBG product & service offerings.
- Interacts effectively with all levels of senior management up to C-suite level both internally and with customers.
- Represent WoCo at industry and customer events.
Metrics, KPI’s and Analytics
- Use sales and performance analytics to focus on account targeting and drive sales results.
- Champion the adoption and appropriate use of technology such as Salesforce.com.
- Track KPIs to gauge Sales and Marketing effectiveness and take appropriate action to improve.
- Lead the development of the regional fiscal year commercial plan in close collaboration with countries/ sub-regions.
- Lead sales team goal setting and ensure regular measurement of performance in conjunction with Country/Branch Managers.
- Develop predictable revenue forecasting and take action where potential deviations are identified.
- Participate in and support the performance management process and incentive plans; coach, mentor and develop the sales and regional marketing teams.
- Input to sales training programs and educational and development plans for the sales team.
- Ensure all sales teams have appropriate objectives and development plans.
- Support the provision of effective performance coaching for sales associates that require support.
- Recruits, retain, supports and develops direct reports to skilled, experienced and motivated staff
- Regularly performs interviews with subordinates
- Recognizes the potential and the happiness of subordinates and can judge upon
- the necessity of incentives or other methods of support or promotion
- Performs motivational and team-strengthening actions
- Represents the corporation true to the nature of the corporate philosophy.
- The selection and alteration of the wages of direct subordinates
Compliance and Other
- Interact with IBG sales and marketing to promote World Courier’s business segments and to develop and execute programs leveraging IBG sales infrastructure and channel access, in order to expand WoCo’s market position for selective business segments.
- Ensures self and direct reports adhere to company expense policy and general fiduciary management standards.
- Ensure brand and marketing compliance with all Marketing policies and processes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
An undergraduate degree in fields such as business administration, sales, or marketing with, a Master of Business Administration is preferred.
Requires substantial directly related and progressively responsible experience in a global or regional leadership/sales management capacity.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a B2B sales and marketing environment, pharmaceutical experience and experience in a matrix organisation an advantage.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- An effective leader with a strong track record of developing high performing sales teams and displaying a genuine concern for the fullest professional and personal development of individual contributors to assure accessing their fullest potential.
- Ability to direct activities of others, including coaching, training, guiding, developing, and managing.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and with global, regional and country management.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships with others.
- Strong knowledge of sales management, sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information.
- Knowledge of marketing including experience with CRM (preferably Salesforce.com) and marketing automation as well as customer segmentation.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective personal stature and presence, self-assured and relaxed, articulate and capable of communicating formally and informally at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to predict and interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace.
- Strong data including financial data acumen with the ability to interpret and direct analysis on broad internal and external commercial data to develop action plans based on the key identified trends and performance indicator tracking.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
- Must be accountable at all levels of the organization and be able to inspire accountability in his/her team.
- Absolute personal and intellectual integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards, and a strong reputation of excellence in the industry.
- Valid Driving License.
- Respectful of different cultures and norms.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier (Deutschland) GmbH
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.