Maintenance Mechanic, 3rd Shift
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Shift: Sunday 10:30pm-7:30am and Monday-Thursday 11pm-7:30am
Sign on Bonus: $2,000
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanic performs preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance on packaging equipment in the manufacturing area. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
1. Competent ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical aspects of thermormers, cold formers, cartoners, printers, serialization equipment, check weighers, vision systems, labelers, and other packaging equipment.
2. Experienced with high speed continuous and intermittent motion packaging equipment
3. Adheres to all cGMPs, safety regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Maintains good housekeeping throughout the shift in the work areas.
5. Works as a team member with other members of the AHP operations team to meet and/or exceed quality and production goals.
6. Responsible for being an active participant in continuous improvement activities to promote improved efficiency and effectiveness of the production line. Takes initiative in proposing and driving continuous improvement activities in the production area.
7. Train operators/technicians on operational set-up issues
8. Must observe proper Lockout/Tag out and all safety procedures as required
9. Understand maintenance principles and develop self and department work practices to promote a proactive environment
10. Understand and utilize drawings, diagrams and equipment manufactures instructions
11. Troubleshoot electrical controls, motor circuits, single and three phase electrical systems.
12. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and adjustments on production equipment, conveyors, pumps, motors and pneumatic systems; following blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
13. Monitors equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies for repairs and projects.
14. Adheres to and operates under 5S principles/guidelines for the promotion of efficient and effective operations.
What your background should look like
Requires Associates degree, completion of vocational program or certification in maintenance/technical discipline or equivalent preferred. Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum seven (7) years of manufacturing maintenance experience required. Preferred experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or other regulated industry. FDA, cGMP or blister line experience is preferred. Must have strong electrical and mechanical background with knowledge of generators, chillers, plc, air handling units, roof top air conditioning, pneumatics, clean room environment.
1. Previous Blister Machine maintenance experience is a plus.
2. Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading documents, product labels and instructions.
3. Must possess basic mathematical skills.
4. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
5. Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
6. Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
7. Complete technical and operational knowledge of industrial mechanical components and systems. (Bearings, Pumps, Piping, pneumatics, facility integrity…etc)
8. Complete technical and operational knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic equipment and systems. (single phase motors, 3-ph motors, AC Control equipment, DC control equipment, batteries and DC circuits, NFPA 70e, electrical measuring equipment, power supplies….etc.)
9. Safe operating practice training for power tools and powered equipment
10. Complete Metal work capabilities. (measuring, cutting, arc welding, oxyfuel welding, tig welding..etc)
11. Ability to read, interpret, and create CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
12. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
13. Strong prioritization and scheduling abilities
14. Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities
15. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
16. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
17. Strong analytical skills
18. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
19. Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
20. Knowledge of building automation systems such as Backtalk
21. Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
22. Ability to operate independently, to multi-task, and to prioritize quickly
23. Trained and capable of assessing safety conditions and communicate corrective measures
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Amerisource Health Services, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.