Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist Manager (Onsite)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is 100% on-site at the following facility:
420 South 5th Avenue
Reading, PA 19611
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish, manage, and hold direct responsibility over client-level disease state portfolio(s).
- Create and maintain workflows and standards across corresponding clinics and staff.
- Provide education and industry updates to the team.
- Maintain responsibility for performance across the portfolio.
- Have responsibility to serve as an SME to the larger PHS Navigator group.
- Serve a role in any steering committee activity.
- Assess various physician practices for potential Rx value using tools/data available.
- Establish communication with targeted practices, arranging meetings with key stakeholders/decision makers.
- Demonstrate value of ambulatory pharmacy partnership to practices.
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring necessary staff to support program goals in agreement with client.
- Train, mentor, and performance manage direct reports, including pharmacists, technicians, and support personnel.
- Oversee specialty and clinic-derived prescription workflow, optimizing use of client preferred pharmacies where applicable.
- Ensure navigator team drives patient access to costly medications through a variety of affordability solutions. Leverage charitable foundations, state programs, and/or manufacturer programs for maximal patient access
- Maintain relationships with physician offices through periodic visits/meetings.
- Field questions from practitioners on formulary product selection, product dosing, ADR’s, and other considerations.
- Meet with client site senior leadership to provide program updates and QBR’s; lead data collection & financial reporting to client. Provide reports and status updates as requested by client.
- Cross-train to client ambulatory pharmacy if applicable; assist with staffing needs as required. This may include occasional weekends and/or holidays as per business needs.
- Support enterprise-wide initiatives and development of navigator staff at other facilities as periodically called upon.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PharmD degree required.
- PGY1 residency desirable.
- Current, unrestricted pharmacist license in the state of PA is required.
- 5+ years community/retail/ambulatory pharmacy or health-system related experience desirable.
- Previous experience in a specialty pharmacy and/or processing prior authorizations is highly desirable.
- Experience with 340B purchasing program nice to have.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Epic or similar EMR platforms highly desirable.
- Experience with retail pharmacy prescription processing and claims adjudication desirable.
- Candidates should have prior experience on pharmacy dispensing systems and be familiar with insurance adjudication processes.
- The role involves working with a broad array of complex disease states and medical conditions; candidates should be comfortable working with clinical data, lab values, and reading/writing notes in patient medical records.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
2. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
3. 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
4. Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
5. Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What your background should look like
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.