Pharmacy Manager (Onsite)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This is a Pharmacy Manager (Pharmacist-in-Charge) position for the Reading Hospital Wyomissing Pharmacy, set to open in 2023. Training will begin at the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy and the 7th Avenue Pharmacy. This pharmacy will be located within the Endocrinology practice at 1001 Reed Avenue, Wyomissing, PA 19610. Hours of operation are tentatively M-F 8a-5p. No weekends. Rotating holiday schedule. Full time, shifts are typically 9 hours with a lunch break.
AmerisourceBergen has managed and staffed the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy inside of the 700 bed Reading Hospital since 2017. In 2023 a third community pharmacy will be opened to serve patients in Wyomissing.
We foster a culture where career development and training play a key role as our staff gain experience in many aspects of ambulatory and specialty pharmacy. We currently employ pharmacists in both clinical and ambulatory settings with a support staff of technicians in various roles. We are excited to welcome new team members to continue to grow our team and kickstart new careers.
We started with 2 pharmacists and 4 technicians and have since expanded into a much larger operation with services such as:
- employee prescriptions
- pharmacist navigators embedded in clinics
- Specialty Pharmacy
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the procurement and dispensing of outpatient medications; verifies prescribed medications according to professional standards, facility procedures, and state and federal legal requirements.
- Manages full-performance cycle (hiring, evaluations, coaching/development, discipline, terminating, etc) of identified pharmacy team members
- Maintains compliance with all applicable Board of Pharmacy Standards.
- Maintains all Pharmacy Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Consults with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements, and possible drug interactions.
- Works closely with patient to answer all questions and/or concerns regarding their prescriptions.
- Reviews and evaluates patient's plan of care for obvious conflicts.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and record keeping.
- Makes recommendations to Pharmacy Manager regarding any changes to operating procedures to facilitate smooth customer service operations.
- Performs prescription verification, order entry and verification of prescriptions, providing technical guidance to staff pharmacist(s) and pharmacy technicians.
- Responds to customer inquiries, requests, and issues when situations get escalated to a higher level of authority.
- Provides consulting on pharmaceutical matters to various levels of personnel regarding pharmacy operations.
- Supervises activities relative to customer files and contacts, ensuring that they are updated as needed to comply with current licensing.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; a Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Pharmacist in resident state is required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Must have a general knowledge of pharmacy computer systems and automated dispensing solutions
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.