Clinical Specialty Pharmacist Navigator (On-site)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is 100% ON-SITE within a clinic setting in Norfolk, VA.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Access various physician practices for potential specialty Rx value using tools/data available.
- Establish communication with targeted specialty practices, arranging meetings with key stakeholders/decision makers.
- Demonstrate value of ambulatory pharmacy partnership to specialty practices.
- Ensure prescriptions flow through to ambulatory pharmacy and are identified by pharmacy staff.
- Establish patient profiles, including third-party payor(s) and clinical information.
- Process prescriptions, including insurance adjudication and product sourcing.
- Prepare and submit prior authorization paperwork; manage denials.
- Triage prescriptions which are limited distribution drugs or out-of-network.
- Act as financial advocate for patient where needed; leverage charitable foundations, state programs, and/or manufacturer programs to ensure maximal patient access
- Coordinate pickup/courier delivery of Rx's with patient. Ensure auditable records showing proof-of-delivery are maintained.
- Follow up with patient to ensure refills are ordered on time and address and ADR's or clinical questions.
- Inform physician office of patient through process; document in EMR as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with physician offices through periodic visits/meetings.
- Assist with program financial reporting to client/data collection
- Cross-train to ambulatory pharmacy; assist with staffing needs as required.
- This may include weekends and/or holidays as per business needs.
- Provide oversight and direction to associates in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development and opportunities.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PharmD degree strongly preferred.
- Current unrestricted pharmacist license in the appropriate state of practice
- 5+ years community/retail/ambulatory pharmacy or health-system related experience. Previous experience in a specialty pharmacy and/or processing prior authorizations is highly desirable.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidates should have prior experience on pharmacy dispensing systems and be familiar with insurance adjudication processes.
- The role involves working with a broad array of complex disease states and medical conditions; candidates should be comfortable working with clinical data, lab values, and reading/writing notes in patient medical records.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.