Pharmacist (12 month contract)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all prescriptions are dispensed in accordance with pharmacy regulations and company policies in order to provide the highest level of pharmaceutical care for patients;
- Provide patient counseling on specialty medications
- Support, coach and co-ordinate the activities of pharmacy technicians and assistants in the day-to-day operation of the Pharmacy;
- Assist in operational activities to optimize pharmacy processes;
- Help to drive operational improvements;
- Develop relationships with health care providers and patients and build on current relationships;
- Collaborate and liaise with the Distribution, Patient Programs, Clinics and Nursing divisions
- Report Adverse Events in accordance with provincial regulatory standards and, where applicable, internal and contractual obligations
- The Pharmacist, Pharmacy Services will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- May be required to be on standby/ on call as part of this role.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of a B.Sc. Pharmacy degree or higher
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A;
- Excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and legislation
- Minimum of 3 years experience in retail, hospital, healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry;
- A high degree of accuracy and very high attention to detail are essential
- Relevant experience to oversee operational personnel in the pharmacy;
- Candidate must have strong communication, customer service, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Strong business acumen and an interest to working in an innovative practice;
- Proven ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines;
- Understanding of cold chain distribution practices
- Working knowledge of Kroll;
- Strong understanding of Third Party billing and contracts
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of pharmacy regulations across Canada is an asset
- Bilingualism, French/English is an asset.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Working knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
Strong business and financial acumen
Strong analytical and mathematical skills
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
Ability to consistently meet deadlines
Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.