700036 - Field Case Manager - Calgary
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customizes program elements to meet the needs of assigned prescribing physicians;
- Adherence to College of Nurses standards of nursing practices;
- Reviews patient status and assists the prescribing physician to complete patient enrolment, prepare Special Authorization (SA) petitions for public or private coverage by auditing patient charts, assessing previous therapies and tests in order to complete the SA;
- Proactively assesses programs and makes suggestions to enhance outcomes and quality of service;
- Completes all relevant reports (program specific reports, expenses, etc.) as per specified timelines and as per required standards.
- Welcomes each patient to the program and captures required patient information;
- Provides therapy guidelines to patients and physicians;
- Ensures patient services are coordinated and tracked, according to KPI’s, resulting in expedited access to therapy;
- Coordinates private and public coverage activity directly with insurers following program Standard Operating Procedures;
- Follow up with patient the outcome of reimbursement navigation;
- Provide information and navigate patient through financial assistance;
- Assist patient with pharmacy selection and coordinate drug delivery;
- Assist patient with coordination of therapy and ongoing patient monitoring;
- Reports Adverse Events / Severe Adverse Events following program Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies obstacles to obtaining coverage and channels this information to the Program Manager and/or Associate Program Manager.
- Assists in training and development of new FCM as needed
- Supports and assists peers through regular and ongoing communication.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the Program Patient Support team.
- Provides timely patient and clinic information as needed, through specific means used by the program.
- Participates in scheduled KOL physician meetings with Sales Representatives;
- Develops strong working relationships with physicians and physician office staff, providing additional office support to ensure smooth maintenance of patients enrolled in the program as needed;
- Proactively provides assistance to resolve client issues with regards to assigned physicians;
- Attends scheduled Continuous Medical Education events and reports new activities;
- Provides in service presentation to KOL physicians in collaboration with the Sales Representatives on new program initiatives.
- Provide training to physicians and clinics on program and new initiatives approved by the client.
- Acts a liaison and provides ongoing feedback to the Patient Assistance Program based on observations in the field and feedback from customers as it pertains to quality of services, training, and other areas of importance.
- Ongoing maintenance of communication with Program Manager, physicians, physician office staff, client representatives, patients and nursing team as required;
- Completes all relevant reports (time sheets, expenses, mileage, reports etc.) as per specified timelines and as per required standards.
- The Field Case Manager will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- May be required to be on standby/ on call as part of this role.
- Must reside within the Calgary and/or surrounding area
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- RN or RPN;; Registration with the College of Nurses in the province of employment is required; case management experience preferred;
- Minimum three (3) years nursing experience in a clinical setting an asset;
- Available to travel within an assigned territory, some overnight travel may be required;
- BCLS may be required depending on therapeutic area of program;
- Valid Driver’s License, current auto insurance policy and access to reliable transportation, for regional travel;
- Experience and background in various therapeutic areas is an asset;
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in sales, managed care, or clinical support,
- Background in business administration (pharmaceutical) sales and marketing an asset;
- Knowledge of private and public reimbursement structure, systems, and process;
- Experience with reimbursement navigation, special authorization, appeals process and conducting field-based reimbursement support and consultation;
- Strong analytical skills including interpretation of regulation and legislation;
- Fluency in French and/or English may be required depending on program and geographic location.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license
The successful candidate may have daily contacts with unilingual English-speaking customers, patients or peers from cross-functional teams.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.