Pharmacist (Onsite- Lebanon, IN)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Location: 5025 S State Route 267, Suite 100, Lebanon, IN 46052
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
We are currently seeking a full-time Staff Pharmacist to join our growing, closed-door animal health pharmacy. No experience in veterinary pharmacy required- we will teach you!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain valid prescription information from licensed veterinarian or designated agent prior to dispensing.
2. Initiate and receive calls and faxes for medication orders.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of and take action in clarification of medication orders.
4. Dispense medications according to prescription from the licensed veterinarian.
5. Prepare medication for use by end-user according to current standards of practice in the profession of veterinary pharmacy.
6. Ensure that medications are labeled appropriately and that products are delivered to end-users in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
7. Answer questions, as appropriate, from other healthcare providers and end-users regarding medication and approved usage.
8. Maintain records of all drugs dispensed and of any and all prescriptions filled.
9. Prepare all reports as required (i.e. daily dispensing log, monthly usage reports).
10. Ensure that drug products, in the pharmacy, are stored in appropriate conditions.
11. Maintain a high standard of customer service.
12. Provide back-up service for other pharmacies as needed.
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Pharmacist in Indiana
Pharmacist Licenses in Michigan and Kentucky are a plus
Willingness to get additional state licensures is a plus
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
6. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Good analytical skills
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.