Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Location: Onsite in Knoxville, TN
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Medication Dispensing: Assist pharmacists in accurately dispensing specialty medications, including measuring, counting, labeling, and packaging prescriptions with precision.
- Prescription Processing: Review and enter prescription orders into pharmacy system accurately and efficiently. Verify patient information and insurance coverage and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Prescription Delivery: Coordinate, track, manage and facilitate prescription delivery. Adhere to packing and tracking processes.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and maintain inventory levels of medications, ensuring adequate stock is available for patient needs. Collaborate with the pharmacy team to place orders and track shipments.
- Patient Support: Provide excellent customer service to patients and healthcare professionals by answering inquiries, addressing pharmacy-related concerns, and triaging to pharmacist as appropriate. Manage multiple patients with diverse needs autonomously.
- Adherence Monitoring: Conduct initial and follow-up calls with patients to assess medication adherence. Document appropriately and defer to pharmacist as agreed upon.
- Benefits Investigation: Review patient insurance for affordability.
- Financial Assistance: Assess availability of financial assistance options. Support patients through application process. This includes, but is not limited to, manufacturer coupon cards, secondary insurance options, foundation assistance, and manufacturer assistance.
- Prior Authorization Assistance: Demonstrate ability to assist in prior authorization process by gathering necessary documentation, completing forms, and communicating with healthcare providers and insurance companies to obtain approval for medications. (we have PA team, but still a worthy goal for some of our techs to learn)
- Communication: Display professionalism in all interactions. Communicate effectively in-person, via telephone, and in other electronic communication. Document pertinent patient information professionally and succinctly in patient chart, as agreed upon by pharmacist.
- Team Collaboration: Act as liaison between patient, pharmacy, and other healthcare providers to ensure smooth workflow and effective communication.
- Training: Participate in training of new staff.
- Program Continuity: Oversees continuity of pharmacy processes and adherence to clinical and specialty programs and policies. Participate in quality improvement projects, as deemed relevant and approved by manager.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with latest developments in practice area. Participate in training programs and continuing education opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Perform related duties as assigned
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a minimum of two (2)+ years directly related and progressively responsible pharmacy experience; bachelor's degree program preferred. Pharmacy technician certification with a national technical certification organization, such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or other comparable national certification or comparable state certification is preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to effectively address patient issues and collaborate with healthcare providers.
Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical terminology, and clinical pharmacy services
Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
Familiarity with prior authorization process and insurance verification.
Good analytical skills.
Commitment to maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy.
Experience in using pharmacy software systems and electronic health records.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.