Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Hours: will work shifts between the hours of 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for inspecting vehicle at the beginning and at the end of each work shift to ensure it is in good working order
- Handles minor maintenance items such as adding oil or fluids and notifies supervisor of any major maintenance or repair needs.
- Separates/sorts deliveries by customer or stop number and loads onto truck in reverse order (last deliveries loaded first) of deliveries for maximum efficiency.
- Load vehicle so merchandise is evenly balanced; place merchandise in vehicle so that it will not be damaged.
- Follows manifest to ensure all deliveries of the day are delivered in the proper order.
- Delivers orders to customers and instructs customers to sign manifest to acknowledge delivery of their merchandise.
- Picks up returned and exchanged merchandise from customers; makes certain correct forms are present with the manifest and returns merchandise to assigned location.
- Completes appropriate paperwork at the end of each shift and brings to the assigned location.
- Ensures that dress is clean and neat at the beginning of each work shift and that his/her personal appearance creates the best possible image for Cencora.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DOT regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Normally requires one (1) year's experience in a related field or less. Experience in the logistics industry, preferred. Driver may be required to own and operate a white cargo van. Class A CDL is preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of geographic area of job is preferred.
- Must be able to work afternoon/evening/overnight/weekend shifts
- Must provide own vehicle (depends on location)
- Clean driving record
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading address labels completing necessary paperwork and following directions.
- General knowledge of trucks; ability to operate a company vehicle with standard and automatic transmissions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: World Courier Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.