Simulation Analyst, Supply Chain and Distribution
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
We are seeking a talented and experienced Analyst of Supply Chain Modeling and Optimization focusing on Simulation to lead and collaborate on the design, development, deployment of tools and strategies that will enable more effective data-driven decision making. This individual will provide guidance through advanced analytics modeling and optimizing facilities within the Supply Chain. The Modeling and Optimization role should have a firm understanding of end-to-end distribution processes and analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator with experience telling compelling stories through data-driven insights.
You will create simulation models of our distribution centers that will help determine efficiency opportunities.
You will work closely with other teams such as Engineering and Operations in the validation of the models and in the design of potential scenarios that will improve the total outcome.
You will collaborate in developing a cost to serve model.
You will implement and support the new inhouse modeling capabilities – process, tools, training.
You will collaborate in the creation of business cases to close gaps and define capex requirements.
You will provide advice and insights on improving existing capabilities.
Additionally, you will:
Design interactive business intelligence dashboards to share input and outputs.
Develop and train team to utilize self-service modeling functionality.
Stay up to date with modeling and simulations trends.
What your background should look like
- A degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Quantitative Methods, Business Analytics, Data Science or related field or equivalent professional qualification/workplace skills.
- On hands experience using simulation and analytical tools.
- Normally requires a minimum of three (3) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Project Management / Agile on hands experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong passion for operations and simulation.
- Practical knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies such as Simulation (AnyLogic/Arena/EnterpriseDynamics/ProModel/etc), Business intelligence (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Experience pulling and cleaning data from Cloud Platforms (Google, Azure), or Supply Chain Tools (including ERP, WMS, TMS, Inventory & Forecasting Tools)
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Team oriented and collaborative working style.
- Growth mindset, positive attitude and strong interest in solving business challenges, adapting to a changing work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate (and work) effectively with people from different technical and business backgrounds, acting as a liaison, understanding, and appreciating different perspectives and translating into terms necessary for any group or individual to understand.
- Presentation skills: ability to present and discuss technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows tactful discretion with difficult/sensitive information.
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to identify the appropriate level of detail and effort commensurate with assigned tasks.
- Must be able to interact well with others both directly (face-to-face) and remotely within a multi-discipline shared work environment.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.