Operations Manager II
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This role manages the warehouse operations within our Bethlehem Distribution Center. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing warehouse operations, in a large, high volume, highly automated and complex facility. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
Salary Target: $110,000-120,000
- Promote and lead with AB’s purpose and guiding principles and develop a culture of inclusion, equity, and diversity in the DC.
- Enable and focus on talent development and succession planning in the DC and network wide
- Directs all activities associated with the successful warehouse operations in the Distribution Center; ensures efficient working operation of automated warehouse systems and processes with a heavy focus on outbound operations.
- Leads a Team of Warehouse Managers to prioritize projects and initiatives through collaboration, operates with a sense of urgency, proactively solves problems and drives performance improvements and standardization.
- Responsible for managing the process of order filling and outbound shipping, receiving and stocking.
- Manage the operational clock with efficient use of labor and hours worked Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations; maintains and coordinates all areas of security.
- Monitors performance and productivity measures in the facility and is a change agent for the purpose of maximizing earnings and reducing expenses and driving quality in the facility.
- Acts as a backup for leadership team as necessary.
- Reviews and monitors standard operating procedures; makes observations and recommends improvements to promote customer experience, efficiency, accuracy, improved service, and lower costs.
- Monitors the performance of staff members to ensure compliance with policies, practices and approved standard operating procedures.
- Supervises associate relations functions including hiring, terminating, performance management, development, and training of warehouse associates.
- Ensures that Distribution Center equipment is maintained and in proper working order.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, split shifts and some weekends as needed to meet productivity goals.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Distribution Center associates.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be relocatable to meet needs of the business
- Working knowledge of automated warehouse operating system
- Working knowledge of ABC warehouse operations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills: ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.