Fullstack/Frontend Engineer - Remote
Linggo is an expanding start-up, building an assistive communication tech platform that serves as a voice and a language-building platform for people who have trouble speaking. The position offers a genuine opportunity for you to contribute to a tool that makes a critical difference in people’s lives – specifically for those living with autism, global developmental disabilities, stroke and acquired brain injury.
What we are developing is not just an app, but a life tool that empowers individuals to communicate, learn and connect with others. Driving this is a technology stack that is extensive, a synthesis of mobile, cloud, analytics, and machine learning.
About the Role at Linggo
This is a contract, part-time remote position with flexible hours. In this role, you will be part of a team taking responsibility for building Linggo apps and websites collaboratively. Your role will involve extensive iOS/Android tablet/mobile app development, web development, cloud services, database development and data analytics. You are expected to take ownership of the products, develop well-structured codebases, and perform thorough testing.
- Manage our website, iOS applications, and Android applications development and deployment flows
- Contribute to our React website, React Native applications, and occasionally to our AWS Lambda-powered Python backend
- Architect expansions to our existing infrastructures
- Incorporating applications, graphics, audio and video clips into client websites
- Ensuring apps and website are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and smartphones
- Routinely testing apps and website for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Detect and fix bugs, find methods of optimization, and ensure the use of best practices
Who you are:
- 2+ years of professional experience in web and app development using the React and React Native frameworks
- Self-starter - you take initiative to ensure the best quality of your work
- Great communication skills with non technical stakeholders (customers, clinicians and the general public)
- Results focused on Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) - the success of our startup will bring success to you
- Natural learner - you love learning and applying your knowledge wherever appropriate
- A leader and a team contributer. You can lead others, share your ideas and hold others accountable to help achieve Linggo’s mission of making communication accessible for all.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us what interests you most about this position. Furthermore, we would like to see an example of your previous work. Please, send us a link to your GitHub repository or portfolio.
We look forward to your applications!