Medical Science Liaison
Taylor Strategy Partners
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing and delivering novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders. The Axsome team is a lean, dynamic group of individuals committed to addressing unmet needs for patients with CNS disorders. Axsome is based in New York City.
About This Role
Axsome Therapeutics is seeking a Medical Science Liaison/Senior Medical Science Liaison to focus on sleep medicine. The MSL/Senior MSL will be a key member of the Field Medical Affairs team at Axsome. This position will be the primary communicator of Axsome science and will be responsible for executing the national medical affairs plan within a specified territory. The MSL/Senior MSL will also provide support as needed for other pipeline programs.
This is a field-based position in the Midwest region that includes WI, IL, MI, IA & MN. Candidates must reside within the geography.
Job Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Systematically identify and develop relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) to raise awareness of Axsome’s mission to accelerate the invention and adoption of life-changing medicines for patients living with CNS disorders, specifically sleep medicine
- Provide fair and balanced scientific information to HCPs and to internal business partners per organizational needs
- Upon request, provide formal presentations to HCPs, external stakeholders, etc.
- Lead scientific discovery and communicate meaningful insights gleaned from peer-to-peer discussions with HCPs
- Identify, analyze, and translate specific needs within the territory to achieve clinical and business objectives
- Collaborate with internal partners, as appropriate, to advance clinical and business objectives
- Build and maintain technical and clinical expertise in major depressive disorder and across other neuroscience therapeutic areas as required
- Maintain knowledge base of global and regional market issues, trends, and product knowledge as it pertains to key therapeutics areas
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the National Sleep Field Medical Team
- Execute key job functions, including documentation of field activities, submission of medical insights, completion of medical information requests, expense report submission, required trainings, and other tasks as necessary
- Provide high level support for company sponsored trials and aide in navigating investigator-initiated research proposals through the review process when needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- Advanced degree: MD, PharmD, or PhD required
- Preference for candidates with previous industry experience
- Preference for candidates with neurology, neuroscience, psychiatry and/or sleep therapeutic experience
- Candidate must reside within the geographic area
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including overnight stays and weekend, as needed
- Meet requirements for health industry representative credentialing to gain access to healthcare facilities within the territory
Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment where business needs may rapidly evolve and change
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Salary & Benefits
The anticipated salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity and location. Axsome offers a competitive employment package that includes an annual bonus, significant equity, and a generous benefits package.
Axsome is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
TSP Talent Solutions and our customers are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)