Biopharmaceutical Sales and Client Specialist
Sales & Business Development
Lansing, MI, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
CAI is a reputable and leading biopharmaceutical and data center consulting firm dedicated to advancing the industry’s capabilities and enhancing our client’s success. We take pride in our commitment to sustainable financial growth, innovation, and building lasting relationships with our clients. As we continue to expand our presence in the market, we are seeking a dynamic Sales and Client Specialist (Director of Client Engagement) to lead our business development efforts and drive sustainable growth.
The Director of Client Engagement will play a pivotal role in CAI’s success by leading business development initiatives aimed at increasing sales and fostering strong, long-term relationships with our clients in the biopharmaceutical and data center industry’s. The ideal candidate will [apply an effective sales strategy with our vertical market leaders, regional team leaders, and our marketing team, utilizing their expertise to identify growth opportunities, engage clients effectively, and ensure exceptional customer satisfaction. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Sales and Account Management.
A qualified candidate will have full market awareness and understanding, sales experience, and skills required to compete in the Biopharmaceutical or Data Center industries. This position entails setting strategic goals, prospecting, relationship management, learning product and service knowledge, managing the sales pipeline, organizing and communicating complex solutions to client challenges, technical writing skills, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. This position is expected to work under deadlines and handle varying workloads while traveling to visit clients, events, (local and regionally) and working remotely.
A successful candidate will be expected to represent CAI in a professional manner and adopt our sales methodology. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a passion to chase and close new business.
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills at a minimum: Excellent Relationship Building & Management, Proposal Management, Process Management, Negotiation, Adaptability, Willingness to learn, Professional Integrity, Empathy, Market Research, Data Gathering and Analysis, CRM Proficiency, Active Listener, Networking, Prospecting, and Results Driven.
1.Business Development Strategy:
• Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy aligned with the company's objectives.
• Identify emerging trends and market opportunities within the biopharmaceutical sector to drive sustainable financial growth.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients, acting as their primary point of contact.
• Gain a deep understanding of client needs and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver tailored solutions.
• Continuously monitor client satisfaction and proactively address any concerns or challenges.
• Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve revenue targets and expand the client base.
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies, tactics, and plans to drive growth in the biopharmaceutical consulting market.
• Identify key growth areas and potential clients, both domestically and internationally.
• Recruit, train, and mentor a high-performing team of business development professionals.
• Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, and accountability within the department.
• Attend Conferences, meetings, and industry events, including volunteering in professional societies when required.
5.Market Research and Analysis:
• Stay abreast of industry developments, competitor activities, and market dynamics in the biopharmaceutical sector.
• Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and adapt strategies as needed.
• Develop and manage budgets for the client engagement department, ensuring efficient resource allocation.
• Provide regular financial reports and updates to senior management.
7.Compliance and Ethics:
• Ensure all business development activities adhere to ethical standards and comply with relevant regulations in the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Embrace and operate in accordance the CAI Sales Playbook
Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering, business or related field (Master's degree preferred), relevant work experience in lieu of degree will be considered
3-5 years of experience in sales, ideally in the Biopharmaceutical or Data Center markets
Experienced in building and maintaining a professional network and maintaining strong client relationships (Biopharmaceutical or Data Center industries preferred)
Proven track record of successfully leading business development and achieving sales goals, preferably in the Biopharmaceutical or Dat Center markets.
Experience with a CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
Strong attention to detail
Professional society participation is a plus (ISPE, SMPS, PDA, Bio, 7x24, BCx, DCE, etc)
Ability in planning and implementing sales strategies
Experience in customer relationship management and dedication to providing great customer service
Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
Analytical mindset with a data-driven approach
Willingness to travel as required for client meetings and industry events
Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
Extensive computer and phone usage
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English/Fluent in English
50% travel (depending on geographic region)
Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Able to work in the US without sponsorship now or any time in the future
CAI is a 100% employee-owned company established in 1996 that has grown to more than 800 people worldwide. We provide commissioning, qualification, validation, start-up, project management and other consulting services associated with operational readiness to FDA regulated and other mission-critical industries.
Meeting a Higher Standard
Our approach is simple; we put the client’s interests first, we do not stop until it is right, and we will do whatever it takes to get there.
As owners of CAI, we are committed to living our Foundational Principles, both professionally and personally:
We act with integrity.
We serve each other.
We serve society.
We work for our future.
With employee ownership, one person’s success is everyone’s success; we work diligently to accomplish team goals. We place Team Before Self, demonstrate Respect for Others, and possess a Can-Do Attitude (our core values). That is how we have grown exponentially.
Our full-time positions offer competitive compensation and benefits which include up to 15% retirement contribution, 24 days PTO and five (5) sick days per year, health insurance at extremely low cost to employee, financial support for both internal and external professional education as well as 70% long term disability paid for by the company.