Facilities Engineering Manager
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Our managers are technical leads first in facilities/utilities operation and maintenance, with solid experience with Good Engineering Practices (GEPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in a pharmaceutical environment. A working understanding of commissioning, validation, and field execution is strongly desired. We look for culture fit above all – our people are our most important asset, and great people make great teams! Our ideal manager will have experience leading projects of $1m or more and have managed teams of engineers and consultants on defined scopes of work.
Bespoke Pharmaceuticals is searching for a self-starting Facilities Engineering Manager – you will need to be able to take responsibility for scope/schedule/budget for facilities/utilities engineering and supporting operations. You will need experience in facilities, clean utilities, upstream and downstream biotech equipment, single-use disposable, and/or aseptic fill-finish manufacturing, preferred. The right candidate will need experience with and the ability to manage and pivot your attention to all duties of the position. On any given day, you might be leading a budget review meeting, leading a daily meeting with your team, reviewing a summary report, writing a protocol, or supporting your team executing in the field. The Bespoke Facilities Engineering Manager is an active manager position that needs to be a multi-faceted contributor to the seamless operational functions of the plant.
- BS in an engineering field preferred, but equivalent experience considered.
- 7-10 years’ experience
- Direct experience with Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Technical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of facilities/utilities systems such as, but not limited to, water-for-injection (WFI) and distribution loops, clean steam, electrical, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), process gases, etc.
- Understanding of GEP/GMP requirements for facilities/utilities systems is required, e.g., documentation, procedures, commissioning, qualification, and validation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group or team as well as to perform as an individual contributor.
- Must live in Las Vegas, NV area, relocation assistance available.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; some proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Able to work (paid) overtime.
Able to work in the US without sponsorship now or any time or in the future.
About Bespoke Pharmaceutical
Bespoke Pharmaceutical, LLC is a pharmaceutical manufacturer that has recently established a new production facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company aims to become a leading developer and manufacturer of pharmaceuticals, with a focus on customer-friendly and cost-efficient packaging and delivery systems. Bespoke Pharmaceutical has commissioned Korber’s Business Area Pharma to support them in designing and constructing their new production facility. Korber is providing Bespoke Pharmaceutical consulting services in areas of process design, workflow, building layout, software selection, machinery, and auxiliary equipment.
Bespoke Pharmaceutical is actively seeking leaders in several key operational roles who are excited to be part of a facility start-up with the potential for professional growth.
We have recently partnered with Bespoke Pharmaceutical to provide direct hire recruiting services. By applying to this position, you assume you are not applying to a direct full-time role within CAI. During the screening process, details surrounding the client's benefits will be provided.