Sales Specialist, Uro- Oncology - Omaha
As a privately-owned, biopharmaceutical company, Ferring pioneers and delivers life-changing therapies that help people build families and live better lives. Our independence helps us cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit and long-term perspective that enables us to achieve growth and scale, while remaining agile and true to our ‘people first’ philosophy. Built on a 70-year plus commitment to science and research, Ferring is relentless in its pursuit of science that drives powerful discoveries and therapies to help people build families, stay healthy, and stand up to the world’s oldest enemy: disease.
Ferring is on a mission to transform the treatment of bladder cancer with a novel, first-in-class intravesical gene therapy that provides patients with an alternative to bladder removal surgery. Our Uro-Oncology team is growing with a variety of rewarding opportunities in commercial, medical affairs and technical operations. If you are energized by the prospect of bringing the benefits of cutting-edge science to meet the needs of patients, we may have the perfect role for you.
As the Sales Specialist, Uro-Oncology, you will be a critical part of the customer facing team responsible for launching our new intravesical gene therapy. The Sales Specialist is responsible for all sales activities in an assigned geographical area, achieving maximum sales volume through promotion of Ferring Products to approved/targeted customers and distribution channels, including healthcare professionals, wholesalers, pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics. This position will require the ability to problem solve by navigating the intricacies of urologic & uro-oncologic settings of care.
This is your opportunity to play an important role in making available to patients a novel product that has the potential to revolutionize the treatment of bladder cancer!
With Ferring, you will be joining a recognized leader, identified as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company, and honored by Fortune with inclusion on its “Change the World List,” for addressing society’s unmet needs. Ferring US is also Great Places to Work® Certified, distinguishing it as one of the best companies to work for in the country.
- Contribute to your territory, region, and Ferring’s success by promoting and selling Ferring products to exceed established sales quotas.
- Regular contact with present and prospective customers to achieve reach and frequency goals
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to management and other Ferring stakeholders as required.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within your territory and region
- Effectively deploy and pull through product and territory resources including marketing materials, speaker programs, HUB services and other available and approved sales tools.
- Create, own and develop effective relationships with HCPs and office staff at approved and targeted customers.
- Maintain accurate expense reporting and territory budgets in a fully compliant manner
- Represent Ferring at appropriate professional industry meetings and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years in buy and bill medical and/or pharmaceutical sales
- Strongly desired at least 2+ years of experience in Oncology and/or Urology
- Bladder Cancer experience preferred.
- Able to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
- Able to identify potential customers and add to customer base.
- Able to meet demand generation goals.
- Sitting approximately 3 – 4 hours at a time while driving or as a passenger and operating an automobile up to 60% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Walking up to 15% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Climbing stairs and/or ramps may be required in certain urban territories where the use of public transportation may be necessary during the course of the work day.
- Standing, more than 1 -2 hours at a time.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items such as laptop, iPad, printed material and product samples weighing up to 20 pounds, into and out of a car, train or airplane and into physician offices and/or medical facilities.
- Long distance travel via airplane or other commercial conveyance approximately 2-3 times per year. Additional overnight and/or longer distance travel may be required more frequently, depending upon the territory.
Location : Omaha, Nebraska
Ferring + you
At Ferring, we offer competitive total compensation along with an exceptional range of flexible benefits, personal support and tailored learning and development opportunities all designed to help you realize your full potential both in life and at work. From working hours that respect your lifestyle, a culture that is welcoming and equitable, and the chance to work with the industry’s most impressive people, these are just some of the ways we live our "People First" philosophy.
Our Compensation and Benefits
At Ferring, base salary is one part of our competitive total compensation and benefits package and is determined using a salary range. The base salary range for this role is $130,000 to $170,000, which is the reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount paid may differ based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, education and primary work location. Additional compensation for this role will be provided based on competitive annual incentive compensation targets in the form of sales commissions - payouts are based on individual and geography/company performance.
Benefits for this role include: comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) with a premium differential, inverse to base salary, to be paid by employees; a 401k plan and company match; short and long-term disability coverage; basic life insurance; wellness benefits; reimbursement for certain tuition expenses; sick time frontloaded yearly of 40 hours, or higher if state or local law requires; vacation time for full time employees to accrue between 112.5 and 150 hours yearly in the first four (4) years of employment, and additional accruals starting in the fifth (5th) year of employment; and 12 to 13 paid holidays per year. We are proud to offer 26 weeks of paid parental leave, learn more about the parental leave offering in our benefits package here. For roles that are not field-based, Ferring has a policy that allows employees to work up to two days from home and three at a Ferring site, weekly.
Ferring is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Join our team and your voice will be heard, and your contributions will be valued. If you love to come up with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through, you will fit right in.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (including Disability/Protected Veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace.