Financial Planning and Analysis and Capex Manager
As a privately-owned, biopharmaceutical company, Ferring pioneers and delivers life-changing therapies that help people build families and live better lives. Our independence helps us cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit and long-term perspective that enables us to achieve growth and scale, while remaining agile and true to our ‘people first’ philosophy. Built on a 70-year plus commitment to science and research, Ferring is relentless in its pursuit of science that drives powerful discoveries and therapies to help people build families, stay healthy, and stand up to the world’s oldest enemy: disease.
The Financial Planning & Analysis and Capex Manager will be the key Research & Development (R&D) finance contact for the site for reporting, budgeting, analysis, and business partnering. This role is also the key owner of all the capital expenditures of the Rebiotix site in Minnesota. The manager will help to ensure the site achieves its business results, through the coordination of the budgeting process, the collection, assessment and analysis of results, and support making of critical business decisions, including those related to the site’s development of its next generation drug product. Critical thinking, flexibility and ability to work in ambiguous and fast changing environment are important skills for this role.
With Ferring, you will be joining a recognized leader, identified as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company, and honored by Fortune with inclusion on its “Change the World List,” for addressing society’s unmet needs. Ferring US is also Great Places to Work® Certified, distinguishing it as one of the best companies to work for in the country.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
Financial budgeting and planning:
- Contribute to achieving financial goals and targets; and challenge budget of R&D and Tech Operations CapEx
- Forecast R&D P&L and Rebiotix site CAPEX
- Responsible for R&D business unit and working with Tech Operations for the total Capex forecast for the site.
Period end closing and reporting - working in close collaboration with other finance and accounting team members to sure timely achievements of the below tasks:
- Review journal entries and reconciliations for CapEx, R&D, and lease accounting.
- Review and analyze monthly CAPEX spend for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Build and enhance the monthly R&D management reporting package and cadence.
Management reporting and forecasting:
- Work with business partners to prepare R&D financial forecast and monthly CAPEX forecast.
- Evaluate financial performance by providing business partners with timely financial statements and insightful analysis while appropriately challenging forecasts and budgets as needed.
- Adherence to and responsible for internal controls
- Strict implementation of IFRS and IGAAP internal guidelines across the entity
- Inform timely on potential issues, assess the risks and propose corrective measures.
Compliance and integrity:
- Strict implementation and adherence to internal guidelines, instructions, processes and systems, local as well as global
- Strict adherence to the local fiscal and finance related regulations of the country
- Risk management participant, informing relevant parties timely on potential issues to assess the risks and propose corrective measures.
Project and Improvements:
- Support Global Finance in the implementation of corporate finance programs, processes or procedures which are to be applied locally.
- Contribute to performance management and drive continuous improvement initiatives (e.g., propose standardization and coordinated use of financial systems, identify and propose optimization measures)
Finance Strategy and business partnering:
- Advise and challenge business with timely and proactive analyses, assessments of variances to the plans, financial impacts and risks.
- Provide Management Information to other departments.
- Inform timely on any unexpected issue with potential impact of the financial performance of the company.
- Propose/implement corrective actions.
- Identify areas of improvement in business and organization and propose implementation plan.
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting
- Preferred experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare company
- Preferred experience in Public Accounting or a Large Public company with experience traversing complex global organizations.
- Strong excel with the ability to manage and manipulate large amount of data into useful incites for your business partners.
- Ability to learn and navigate various financial accounting systems such as Coupa, Anaplan, Planisware, and Oracle
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and accounting principles and processes
- An analytical mindset and be a self-starter, being able to see opportunities and solve problems independently.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills, being able to work with both management and employees in the organization.
- Confident in presenting your views and being challenged.
- Ability to work in decentralized finance structure.
Ferring + you
At Ferring, we offer competitive total compensation along with an exceptional range of flexible benefits, personal support and tailored learning and development opportunities all designed to help you realize your full potential both in life and at work. From working hours that respect your lifestyle, a culture that is welcoming and equitable, and the chance to work with the industry’s most impressive people, these are just some of the ways we live our "People First" philosophy.
Our Compensation and Benefits
At Ferring, base salary is one part of our competitive total compensation and benefits package and is determined using a salary range. The base salary range for this role is $115,000 to $130,000, which is the reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount paid may differ based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, education and primary work location. Additional compensation for this role will be provided based on competitive annual incentive compensation targets in the form of an annual bonus - payouts are based on individual and company performance.
Benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) with a premium differential, inverse to base salary, to be paid by employees, a 401k plan and company match, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellness benefits, reimbursement for certain tuition expenses, 40 hours of sick time, vacation time for full time employees to accrue up to 150 hours in the first four (4) years of employment, and 187.5 hours in the fifth (5th) year of employment as well as 12 to 13 paid holidays per year. We are proud to offer 26 weeks of paid parental leave, learn more about the parental leave offering in our benefits package here.
Ferring is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Join our team and your voice will be heard, and your contributions will be valued. If you love to come up with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through, you will fit right in.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (including Disability/Protected Veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace.