Lab & Equipment Manager
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
FluidAI Medical is creating a paradigm shift in post-operative care, utilizing the plethora of data within the body, to help in the detection of post-operative complications at their onset. Our clinically-validated platform sensing technology augments existing wound drains and catheters, providing healthcare providers with a smart monitoring tool that can support earlier detection of deadly complications and enhance the delivery of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse team representation across language, ethnicity, gender, and nationality.
Why join FluidAI?
- Mission to save lives and improve patient care with technology that’s already deployed on patients in real-world settings.
- Work with a high-performing and cross-functional team that is empowered to grow, learn, and contribute across all levels of the organization.
- Gain exposure across the entire technical stack, from novel sensing technologies and proprietary hardware to mobile/web software and ML algorithms.
- Personal career-focused development and training with access to workshops, coursework, and experienced mentors/consultants.
- Regular offsite activities – past events include rafting, axe-throwing, sports leagues, and the usual BBQ.
- Unlimited vacation and paid parental leave.
As a Lab and Equipment Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the operations of FluidAI’s research laboratory in addition to the qualification and maintenance of all equipment used in product development and manufacturing activities. We are looking for someone self-driven, organized, and able to adapt in a rapidly growing organization, someone who is quality-oriented, and can quickly tackle new challenges as they arise.
This is position is primarily on-site and will require you to come into our offices located in Kitchener, ON.
- Conduct IQ/OQ/PQ of equipment used in product development and manufacturing.
- Responsible for maintenance/repair of internal jigs and internally built equipment and tools.
- Responsible for the maintenance of calibration for reference equipment and tools.
- Coordinate timely calibration/verification/repair of equipment with external testing laboratories or contractors as needed.
- Ensure personnel are following applicable procedure and standards within the laboratory space and when handling equipment.
- Management of chemical inventory within our research lab
- Coordination of disposal of chemical and biohazardous waste.
- Development and improvement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) according to relevant regulatory/industry guidelines and internal quality standards
- Assist teams in training and proper implementation of relevant SOP and WI, including training on laboratory safety and use of equipment.
- Responsible for hazard assessments and safety inspections within the laboratory.
- 1+ years of working experience within a GMP environment and/or controlled research lab.
- College Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Working experience maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment or similar.
- Working understanding of quality procedures, culture, and mindset.
- Working knowledge of lab/chemical management tools.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Responsible and self-driven.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Passion for delivering high quality product/results.
- Familiarity with medical device manufacturing processes/environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and statistical process assessment.
- Familiarity ISO 13485:2016 requirements.