Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Future Fertility is a fast-growing Canadian-based start-up with global reach. We have a vision to unlock the future of personalized fertility care around the world. We develop and market AI-enhanced software solutions in the high-growth market of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). We are trusted by some of the top fertility clinics in North America, Europe and Latin America. At Future Fertility, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, respected, and empowered.
Let’s get started!
We are looking for a Product Designer to join a small, high-performing product team committed to building, growing and commercializing impactful AI-powered tools to support the decision making of patients, embryologists and clinicians as they navigate fertility treatments. We are focused on 1) enhancing the success of our existing products; and 2) exploring and launching new product opportunities across the reproductive health cycle.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Designer will be directly involved in leading and shaping exceptional UX/UI of our growing products and tools. The Product Designer will work with cross-functional teams and our clients to become an expert in our key stakeholder groups with the aim of dramatically improving the fertility experience across the globe.
- Dream up inspired and thoughtful designs and design frameworks that transform and elevate our product experience
- Participate and guide product planning, prioritization and constant iteration of new features and initiatives
- Work closely with product team to build deep understanding of problems to be solved, business requirements and desired outcomes
- Partner with our development team to better inform the technical implementation upfront in the design process, and to ensure smooth hand-off for development with clear design requirements
- Collaborate closely with the Clinical Operations team to align on desired solutions that simplify and augment the clinical workflows and operating procedures of our target users
- Become an expert in our key user groups!
- Provide expertise in user testing research to deeply empathize with user experiences and identify pain points to inform/validate the development of highly impactful products and tools
- Leverage internal expertise and user research to identify core gaps or friction points within existing user journeys and workflows to optimize end-to-end navigation and efficiency across user groups
- Create thoughtful, thorough and illustrative prototype experiences to effectively communicate problems to be solved and align internal stakeholders on the desired end solution
- Define and own core design metrics to help monitor and measure overall user experience
- Stay on top of the competitive landscape and feed insights back internally to inform strategic priorities or to put forward new and exciting ideas from the field
- Provide coaching and guidance to further develop the current team
- Play a strong role in informing and shaping the design function based on personal expertise and best practices
- 3-5 years of direct product design or user experience design
- Expert knowledge of core product design principles and tools (user flows, journey mapping, technical solutioning, hi- and low-fi prototyping)
- Highly skilled in presenting recommended designs with clear and compelling rationale to drive consensus on designs across internal stakeholder groups
- Demonstrable experience conducting and synthesizing user testing research and implementing creative strategies to recruit time-limited user groups
- Comfortable being part of a small team and working in an energetic fast paced start-up environment
- Experience working collaboratively with business users, and technical teams in multiple geographies
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup/high-growth SaaS company.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
- Expertise in relevant business software (Microsoft Office Suite), product software (confluence, JIRA, FIGMA)
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with AI/ML methods
- Familiarity with data analytics (Apache Superset, Matomo Analytics) tools
- Familiarity with interactive data visualization tools (JS D3, Vega, Tableau etc)
- Experience in designing tools with data privacy, storage & health information protection (GDPR, PIPEDA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience with health technology & software
How to Apply:
- If you're excited to be part of a forward-thinking team that is shaping the future of fertility with AI, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and a compelling cover letter detailing your experience, passion, and how you plan to contribute to Future Fertility's mission.
- Join us in making a difference in the lives of those on the fertility journey. Apply now and help us lead the way into a more informed and empowered future!
- Future Fertility is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Learn more about the great work we’re doing!