Product Development Manager
Huron Digital Pathology
St. Jacobs, Ontario
The Product Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of multidisciplinary engineers to deliver new whole slide scanner products, from concept to launch, and maintain Huron’s existing scanner portfolio. The role requires adherence to the high standards of performance and quality required of Huron’s medical devices.
We are looking for someone with a product development background who puts the customer first, has proven leadership ability, is experienced in the high-tech sector, and is familiar with ISO-13485 standards.
Based in St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada, Huron Digital Pathology provides solutions for imaging and analyzing tissue biopsies on microscope slides. We have a product line of award-winning whole slide scanners and a patented image search engine, Lagotto, for quickly finding similar images and associated reports.
We are applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies to connect pathologists, researchers, and educators to improve diagnosis of cancerous lesions and accelerate disease research. In summary we are developing hardware and software tools for pathologists.
- Responsible for Huron’s scanner product line
- Manage and lead the Scanner Design team (systems, mechanical, optical, electrical, software), remove roadblocks, and solve technical challenges
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, distributors, competition, technology, and build on our scanner roadmap that aligns with business strategy/goals
- Be the point of contact for customer support issues escalated to the Design group, respond quickly, and delegate issues within the team
- Be a technical contributor in projects as a systems, mechanical, optical, electrical, or software developer
- Identify project risks and ensure project timelines are held
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties and external partners relevant to project objectives, collaborating with suppliers and fabrication shops to ensure successful outcomes balancing cost and engineering design time
- Transfer Engineering prototypes to Manufacturing
- Identify potential regulatory issues and recommend mitigation plans
- Collaborate with other Managers, Service, Sales, and Applications Engineering
- Coach and mentor team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven record of successfully running product development programs which include HW/SW integration
- A degree in Electrical, Systems Design Engineering or Mechanical (or similar) with at least five years of relevant industry experience
- Solid technical background and understanding of product life cycle with deep knowledge of hardware development process, risk-assessment, and product verification and validation, and test programs such as factory acceptance testing
- 3+ years leading and coordinating a multidisciplinary technical team through the product development life cycle from conception to launch
Additional Desired Skills
- Proven leadership skills
- High ability to make decisions, influence others, and provide counsel
- Attention to detail
- Diplomatic and personable with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Occasional travel to conferences, tradeshows, and customer sites
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary depending on level of experience
- Full benefits including health, dental, disability and vision
- The career path of the successful manager will lead to Senior Manager, Director of Product Development, VP and higher.
Something looks off?