Full Stack Software Developer
Huron Digital Pathology
St. Jacobs, Ontario
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. We are looking for two positions, one with some experience, the other one at an entry level.
Based in St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada, Huron Digital Pathology is on a mission to transform glass slides into shareable knowledge. Our Scan, Index, and Search solution for pathology combines award-winning TissueScope whole slide scanners with our AI-enabled Lagotto image search engine to connect pathologists, researchers and educators with the vast expertise of their colleagues to improve diagnosis and accelerate disease research. Visit us at www.hurondigitalpathology.com
We're applying unique Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to develop solutions in Digital Pathology that are modernizing healthcare, including detecting cancer and other diseases.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Customer focus; conferring with pathologists and other users by studying information needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art development tools and techniques for web development
- Mentor fellow engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Familiarity with common stacks and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, and PHP
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or related field
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience in working with medical images
Something looks off?