Shipping Coordinator - Dartmouth - Future Opportunities
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE. This posting is for a future job opportunity. If you don't see anything posted that interests you right now, submit your resume and we can keep you in mind for future French-English bilingual opportunities. Please note that only those who qualify will be contacted.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring the daily receiving, shipping and inventory control aspects of the pharmacy are maintained including:
- Receiving: verifying all inbound shipments for quantity and any shipping damage; performs established pharmacy receiving process, ensures quantities invoiced for is what the pharmacy received, inputs invoices product details into pharmacy Kroll software. Receiving documents are reviewed for accuracy and to ensure no discrepancy in product pricing.
- Quarantining of product: relating to all inbound receipts and returns as outlined in the pharmacy SOPs
- Managing inventory movement in a FIFO or FEFO manner (first-in-first-out, first-expiry-first-out)
- Proper Storage of product: relating to all inbound receipts
- Packing of product: All products received by the pharmacy are to be verified against accompanying documentation to ensure product, quantity, shipping location and box pack out are correct. All orders provided by the pharmacy are to be packaged in accordance with temperature requirements of the products and Standard Operating Procedures of the pharmacy. Assess suitability of packaging requirements based on shipping destination and weather circumstances.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately, including preparing shipping documentation, i.e. waybills and packing slips
- Production assembly; Ie. cold chain and ambient box assembly and conditioning of bricks and blankets for pack outs.
- Supplies management; monitor and replenish shipping materials as needed
- Assist with administrative functions i.e filing
- Ensuring all sensitive products outlined by the pharmacy SOP are handled and labelled accordingly.
- Required to be trained and understand Kroll, the pharmacy software system as it relates to receiving functions.
- Act as the final check to ensure the right prescription reaches the right destination
- Utilizes various carrier’s software, such as FedEx, Purolator, ATS, etc.
- May be required to be on standby/on call as part of this role
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Previous experience an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in English language (reading, written, oral and mathematics)
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform repeated reaching, bending and lifting daily
- Able to work in a cold environment daily
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment
- Ability to work accurately with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in time sensitive situations
- Ability to shift priorities quickly to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Independent worker, requiring minimal supervision
- Bilingualism (French-English) is also an asset
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as reach truck, Walkie, pallet jacks and/or forklifts as required
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.