Account Specialist II (Pharmacy Buyer)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaboratively develops and advances relationships with manufacturers and internal partners while providing consultative guidance to corporate customer contacts in support of complex drug shortage issue resolution through the Drug Shortage Program designed to promote patient care.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents opportunities and provides solutions to strategic and national customers (health systems, buying groups, GPOs, etc.) related to pricing errors, contract loading, forms and documents follow up, quality assurance, pricing integrity, terms consistency, contract pricing issues , as well as product availability support and stocking requests.
- Partners with senior sales leadership and account services leadership to create and deliver customer presentations, and resolve customer concerns as needed from Prospect, RFP and QBR activities, including ongoing internal and external stakeholder meetings.
- Subject matter expert (SME) and support owner for corporate relationship management for customer-facing processes and solutions, from implementation through potential exit (Care, Customer Implementation, Customer Reporting, Operations, Customer Onboarding).
- Directs customer gap analysis opportunities and activities executed by the senior customer implementation team.
- Responsible and accountable for SOP activities, including documentation creation and adherence and training though ongoing governance and reporting of compliance.
- Proactively identifies potential risk(s) associated with initiatives/objectives; implements strategies to mitigate identified risks; manages issue resolution process and reports on results both internal and external.
- Gathers customer feedback relative to the overall support experience and provides to the appropriate internal stakeholder for review and consideration.
- Proactively identify potential threats that would place customers at risk; drive escalation and resolution to successful outcome through cross-functional partnerships. Supports allocation, drug shortage, product availability and other relevant activities.
- Proactively produce, identify and analyze purchasing trends within strategic customer base and escalate to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce and monitor reports such as Allocation, SOA, Market Shortage, and Key Shortage Update for key customers as well as facilitation/coordination of additional reports based on customer requests.
- Assists customers after the shortage is resolved to move inventory based on needs.
- Design and deliver designated customer-facing training plan designed to reinforce adherence to level buying practices, allocation and SOA policies at the corporate/GPO level.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to provide necessary customer support (approx. 15-20%)
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years plus related and progressively responsible experience. Pharmacy Technician certification and/or relevant IDN experience preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturer relationships; analytics; and operations in support of the broad spectrum of support provided to the customer.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to accomplish common goals; ability to break down obstacles in the path of project plan to meet objectives mutually acceptable to the customer.
- Excellent customer service skills, proven track record of detail oriented problem solving, trouble shooting, and follow up.
- Detailed knowledge of Cencora products, services used at Cencora; SME level experience with both systems (hardware/software/handhelds), as well as process/solutions, such as automated distribution processes, 3rd party systems, EDI standards and practices, and inventory management best practices.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and make judgment calls related to appropriate urgency in managing requests and issues from internal and external stakeholders; effectively manages deadlines.
- Ability to see the broader relationship when presented with different support initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of operating in a professional manner with leadership at the customer and internal stakeholder level, as well as Cencora peers.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail, demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent analytical skills - Strong skills with spreadsheets and databases; excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to distill complex issues and analytics into actionable outcomes supporting the customer while protecting AmerisourceBergen interests; strong decision making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Cencora policies & services: solid understanding of Cencora's business segments – CSP, Health System, 340b, Government, Buying Group and GPOs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing; excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Avaya, Business Objects (BOBj) Reporting (MS Access, SQL or other Database reporting tools), and SAP experience required.
- Demonstrates ability to handle competing priorities and maintain tight deadlines.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: ASD Specialty Healthcare LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.