Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician (Onsite- Darby, PA)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility, obtains new patient’s clinical and prescription plan coverage information, reviews new prescription, and/or prescription. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
Shift: 9:30AM-6:00PM EST Monday-Friday; Every other Saturday 8AM-2PM EST
Pharmacy Hours: 7AM-6PM EST
Location: Darby, PA
- Interacts closely with individual patients to obtain appropriate patient clinical and therapeutic information.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters all necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient’s prescriptions.
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, front-end restocking and facing and overall front-end maintenance.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Complies with all established regulatory and organizational policies and procedures.
- Submits, receives, and places inventory in stock by utilizing knowledge of order placement, receiving, and merchandising.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists Pharmacist in price checking and restocking of drugs.
- Participates in marketing and promotional campaigns as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible ambulatory pharmacy experience. Associate’s Degree program preferred. Pharmacy Technician certified with a state or national technical certification organization preferred (may be required in some states).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.