Pharmacy Technician Navigator (Onsite)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This role is 100% onsite in a clinical setting in Norfolk, VA
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide liaison services for patients requiring high-cost prescription therapies, focused on navigation of prescription related access and affordability barriers. Effectively processing prior authorizations, identifying and securing patient assistance and routing prescriptions to the appropriate pharmacy. Coordinating the communication between patients, providers, staff, pharmacy and payers.
2. Provide subject matter expertise in retail & specialty pharmacy prescription access and processing. Routinely interfacing with office staff, providers and leadership to proactively identify an address areas for process improvement to drive improved patient access and prescription internalization.
3. For the assigned clinic(s) serve as the primary contact for high cost prescription access and affordability. Responsible for maintaining effective and complete communication to stakeholders and appropriate documentation within electronic health records, pharmacy dispensing systems and other systems as specified.
4. Responsible for providing education to providers, clinic staff and patients on the value of prescription fulfillment through the client health system pharmacy. Providing world class customer service and timely execution of assigned tasks to drive trust and satisfaction with patients and providers.
5. Works with the internal client pharmacy to facilitate and coordinate delivery of the prescriptions to patients. Actively contributes to activity tracking and KPI reporting to enable continuous quality improvement and program performance assessment.
6. Participates in client and clinic meetings, contributing content and leading discussions relating to prescription access as needed.
7. Support the clinic during operating hours and work extended hours when needed to ensure patients receive their medication and to complete business plan objectives. Provide backup coverage to support clients and patients in the event of absence of other assigned resources.
8. Work both in clinic (or multiple clinics as assigned) and support from an approved remote location as the client needs dictate. Demonstrate the ability to provide a high level of support from both settings
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Background / Experience
Retail pharmacy technician experience 1-3 years
Active pharmacy technician licensure / certification in the corresponding state
Experience working with prior authorizations and copay assistance programs
Lead tech or other leadership experience a plus (not required)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel
Ability to quickly learn other systems and programs (pharmacy dispensing software, electronic health records, etc.)
High level of organization and high quality communication skills
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.