Field and Infusion Nurse RN
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer medications in the patient's home, specialty clinics and Physician Partnership clinic settings.
- Assess monitor pre and post-injection/infusion treatments as directed by program protocols.
- Completes necessary documentation based on policies and procedures, and as directed by the College of Nurses, and Innomar ISO accreditation standards of practice.
- Provide patient / Caregivers education based on product monographs and program protocols, individually or in groups
- Report adverse events, serious adverse events, product complaints in accordance with Innomar training and policies & procedures
- Provides reliable availability based on the agreed upon employment agreement to meet the needs of the IBU and the Nursing and clinics Key Performance Indicators.
- Communicates and works effectively amongst multi-disciplinary teams i.e. case managers, physicians, pharmacy, scheduling and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments and treatments.
- Communicates effectively with Patients/Caregivers to set up appointments and drug delivery to home and clinic.
- Participate regularly in team web-based meetings/training sessions with the Business Area Manager, RNE and Nurse Champion to maintain and enhance professional practice standards.
- Participates in specialized client related trainings as required.
- Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations and Innomar.
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary health care team providing oversight and delegation of applicable tasks to RPN/LPN as authorized by provincial college of nurses
- Required to travel within your designated IBU and surrounding IBUs to meet the operational needs.
- Required to follow all nursing and clinic standard operating procedures and Work Instructions.
- Required to follow all Health and Safety standards as per the provincial Health and safety Act.
- Required to complete ongoing and annual education training as per the training matrix within the specified timeframes.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as required by Innomar.
- May be required to be on standby/on call to meet the service needs.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant experience as a Registered Nurse required
- 1 year experience IV initiation experience
- Current registration with licensing body; CPR certificate
- Experience in a critical care, emergency, acute care inpatient/outpatient or homecare setting
- ACLS, PALs, MS and CVAA Certification, and central venous lines/port experience are considered assets
- Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook (e-mail), and MS Word and other applicable computer programs.
- Access to internet connection,
- Knowledge of Cell phone for making and confirming appointments/assignments and fax machines.
- Excellent customer service skills for managing daily interactions with: patients, family members, physicians and our clients. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision as part of a larger team
- Able to travel to clinics and homecare appointments within a set geographical boundary
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry is an asset.
- Business and financial acumen is an asset.
- Strong critical thinking skills and application
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-directed with the ability to effectively work independently.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment.
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver's license and insurance coverage.
The successful candidate may have daily contacts with unilingual English-speaking customers, patients or peers from cross-functional teams.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.