CDL Driver- First Shift
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have and maintain a current valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Must maintain a valid health card as required by the DOT
- Vehicles must be kept clean and supplies organized
- Meeting deadlines for local pick ups and deliveries.
- Following special pick up and delivery instructions.
- Tendering and recovering shipments from the airports.
- Complying with cold chain management instructions.
- Maintaining a daily vehicle log, perform pre-trip inspection and fill out DOT log book and work manifest.
- Maintain compliance with all DOT rules and regulations
- Obtaining shipment damage reports, when necessary.
- Remaining in constant communication with Dispatch department.
- Follow COVID-19 protocols for both World Courier and World courier Clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to load/unload, secure load, and obey highway traffic regulations.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all sites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary).
- Must be available for some overtime as some of the driving distances cannot be handled in a typical 8 hour work day.
- Continually lifting, lowering, and sliding packages weighing 25 to 70 lbs. Drivers are required to be physically fit.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED)
- General driving knowledge of the airports and area
- Dangerous Goods training
- TSA training
- Cold chain training
- Live animal handling
- Professional demeanor.
- Temperature monitor training
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- No more than 3 moving violations and or accidents in the past 3 years
- No more than 2 moving violations and or accidents in the past year
- Drivers should have no “major convictions” within last 5 years:
a. “Major convictions” include:
- i. Driving while intoxicated or “under the influence” (DWI or DUI)
- ii. Leaving the scene of an accident
- iii. Careless or reckless driving violations
- iv. Homicide or assault through the use of motor vehicle
- v. Attempting to elude a police officer
- vi. Drivers who have a suspended or revoked license or those who have had 3 or more license suspensions in the past
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.