Operations Supervisor 2nd Shift
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Monday- Friday 2:00 pm- 10:30 pm
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the day to day operations
- Assign work to direct reports
- Handle and document low level personnel issues
- Document and deliver staff performance feedback and performance reviews.
- Assist with staffing and scheduling to ensure optimal coverage on all shifts
- Participate in interviews for new hires
- Maintain confidentiality of employee records
- Ensure a clean and harassment-free work environment
- Manage station inbound and outbound shipments and assign resources as needed
- Monitor discrepancies by making sure appropriate notes are entered in the job
- Ensure that all job instructions and packaging needs are followed
- Monitor scheduling to ensure proper coverage at all times to handle workload
- Use GPS tracking and ensure drivers are assigned to appropriate vehicles
- Anticipate, prioritize and communicate and resolve problems throughout the day
- Manage employee training requirements and train staff on operation procedures
- Comply with TSA screening of freight
- Trouble shoot and manage problems through corrective action process
- Monitor shipment notes for shipments on hold or otherwise in the stations’ custody
- Monitor live animals being held in the station to ensure proper care
- Provide guidance to other staff members/offices with general questions about operations and packaging
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of an associate degree or 5 years relevant supervisory experience is required.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO:
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide leadership and direction for the department.
- Communicate and build professional relationships.
- Maintain an approachable and professional demeanor
- Train, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in World Courier operating systems, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Lead by example.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. 50% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer. Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile). Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.