On-Call Pharmacist (Onsite)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the dispensing of veterinarian medications; verifies prescribed medications according to professional standards, facility procedures, and state and federal legal requirements.
2. Consults with veterinarians regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements and possible drug interactions.
3. Works closely with patient to answer all questions and/or concerns regarding their prescriptions.
4. Monitors the overall performance of staff members to ensure compliance with policies, practices and approved pharmaceutical dispensing processes.
5. Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, and record keeping.
6. Makes recommendations to the manager regarding any changes to operating procedures to facilitate smooth customer service operations.
7. Responds to customer inquiries, requests and issues when situations get escalated to a higher level of authority other than a customer service associate.
8. Provides consulting on pharmaceutical matters to various levels of personnel regarding pharmacy operations.
9. Supervises activities relative to customer files and contacts, ensuring that they are updated as needed to comply with current licensing.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Shift: On call, 8 hours per week
Pharmacy Hours: Monday-Friday 9-5, no weekends, no holidays
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. requires a minimum of eight (8) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; a Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. An unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Pharmacist in resident state is required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
6. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Good analytical skills
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.