Manager, Pharmacy (10 month contract)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all pharmacy operations are conducted in accordance with College of Pharmacists regulations and company policies
- Provide the highest level of pharmaceutical care for patients
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants in the day to day operation of the Specialty Pharmacy
- Assist in operational activities to optimize pharmacy processes
- Assist in the development and execution of pharmacy and company business plans
- Ensure proper accounting on billing and reconciliation
- Collaborate and liaise with the Distribution, Patient Programs, Clinics and Nursing divisions
- Report Adverse Events in accordance with provincial regulatory standards and, where applicable, internal and contractual obligations
- Assist with the implementation of new projects to drive and support the Specialty pharmacy Business
- Establish and maintain relations with internal and external clients, stakeholders and all staff on site
- Assist, manage and coordinate daily pharmacy operations and activities.
- Works in a pharmacy environment 85% of time
- As required under s. 5 of the Pharmacy Operations and Drug Scheduling Act (“PODSA”), you will be appointed to the board of Innomar Pharmacy (ENTER PROVINCE) Inc.
- May be required to be on standby/ on call as part of this role.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy
- Current registration with the College of Pharmacists, Schedule A
- 5 years in pharmacy, with a minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal and time management skills
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Kroll
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Medical Information experience is an asset
- Bilingualism (French-English) is an asset
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.