Patient Services Liaison- Ambulatory
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
*** This position will be onsite at the clinic in the DFW area Monday through Friday.***
The incumbent will work in a hybrid work setting onsite at health system client and remotely as the primary point of contact for ambulatory pharmacy access and affordability services. The work onsite at assigned clinic office(s) will involve routine interaction with office staff to provide patient access services, communication and guidance to ensure patients receive timely access to medication therapy. Establish and maintain strong relationships with client, demonstrating accountability for service delivery. Provides subject matter expertise relating to retail pharmacy access and affordability and consults directly with clinic staff and physicians to refer patients to the appropriate pharmacy based on the health system’s established process. Work collaboratively with the health system client to execute established marketing and business development plans to support the increased utilization of internal health system pharmacy services. Work both independently and with other team members to facilitate benefits verification and prior authorizations services for patients.
** This position is onsite. The clinic location(s) will be assigned by the client. **
- Provide liaison services for patients requiring high-cost retail prescription therapies, focused on navigation of prescription related access and affordability barriers. Effectively processing prior authorizations, identifying and securing patient assistance and routing prescriptions to the appropriate pharmacy. Coordinating the communication between patients, providers, staff, pharmacy and payers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in retail pharmacy prescription access and processing. Routinely interfacing with office staff, providers and leadership to proactively identify an address areas for process improvement to drive improved patient access and prescription internalization.
- For the assigned clinic(s) serve as the primary contact for high cost prescription access and affordability. Responsible for maintaining effective and complete communication to stakeholders and appropriate documentation within electronic health records, pharmacy dispensing systems and other systems as specified.
- Responsible for providing education to providers, clinic staff and patients on the value of prescription fulfillment through the client health system pharmacy. Providing world class customer service and timely execution of assigned tasks to drive trust and satisfaction with patients and providers.
- Works with the internal client pharmacy to facilitate and coordinate delivery of the prescriptions to patients. Actively contributes to activity tracking and KPI reporting to enable continuous quality improvement and program performance assessment.
- Participates in client and clinic meetings, contributing content and leading discussions relating to prescription access as needed.
- Support the clinic during operating hours and work extended hours when needed to ensure patients receive their medication and to complete business plan objectives. Provide backup coverage to support clients and patients in the event of absence of other assigned resources.
- Work both in clinic (or multiple clinics as assigned) and support from an approved remote location as the client needs dictate. Demonstrate the ability to provide a high level of support from both settings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
- Retail pharmacy technician experience 1-3 years
- Active pharmacy technician licensure / certification in the corresponding state
- Experience working with prior authorizations and copay assistance programs
- Lead tech or other leadership experience a plus (not required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn other systems and programs (pharmacy dispensing software, electronic health records, etc.)
- High level of organization and high quality communication skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.