Pharmacy Assistant - Barrie - Future Opportunities
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE. This posting is for a future job opportunity. If you don't see anything posted that interests you right now, submit your resume and we can keep you in mind for future French-English bilingual opportunities. Please note that only those who qualify will be contacted.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Pharmacist or the Registered Pharmacy Technician in filling prescriptions;
- Assist patients picking up prescriptions;
- Enter, scan and process prescriptions using Kroll Pharmacy software
- Maintain accurate data in pharmacy files and computer drives;
- Verify that customer receives correct prescription(s);
- Maintain workflow through effective task prioritization and teamwork
- Answer the phone and respond to inquires from internal and external customers
- Screen telephone calls for the Pharmacist(s);
- Order, receive and maintain inventory of medications;
- Prepare and process billings, claims, disbursements and related documents;
- Review invoices or other documentation;
- Pack and ship prescription orders according to established protocols
- Maintain pharmacy records
- Report Adverse Events in accordance with provincial regulatory standards and, where applicable, internal and contractual obligations
- Assist in general housekeeping and administrative duties; and
- The Pharmacy Assistant will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- May be required to be on standby/ on call as part of this role.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma preferred;
- Pharmacy experience an asset;
- Proficiency in Kroll an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy;
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Bilingualism, French/English is an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Previous experience in cold-chain distribution an asset
- Previous experience with biological and/or cytotoxic medication and sterile preparation an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
What your background should look like
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.