Registered Pharmacy Technician (13 month contract)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Pharmacy Manager in the day to day management of workload;
- Collaborate with Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants to fulfill prescription orders
- Work independently on labeling and filling/refilling prescriptions;
- Perform an independent double check for repeat prescription release;
- Verify that customer receives correct prescription(s);
- Identify potential therapeutic issues and seek the Pharmacist’s therapeutic check
- Work collaboratively with Innomar and ABSG Patient Programs in fulfilling pharmacy responsibilities;
- Prepare/review and process billings, claims, disbursements and related documents;
- Assist patients who are picking up prescriptions;
- Enter prescriptions into the computer; retrieve and/or correct data in computer;
- Screen calls and gather relevant information for Pharmacist;
- Order, maintain and prepare inventory of medications;
- Review invoices or other documentation;
- Pack and ship prescription orders;
- Receive and maintain accurate inventory.
- Report Adverse Events in accordance with provincial regulatory standards and, where applicable, internal and contractual obligations
- The Registered Pharmacy Technician is required to renew their OCP Registration on an annual basis, and to participate in the Quality Assurance Process on a regular basis, as part of their continuing education.
- The Registered Pharmacy Technician will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- May be required to be on standby/ on call as part of this role.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Pharmacy Technician diploma from an accredited college and successful completion of Structured Practical Training or successful completion of Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) Bridging Program and a Certificate of Registration with OCP;
- Two or more years of related pharmacy experience;
- Strong proficiency in Kroll required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Bilingualism, French/English is an asset.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and drug distribution practices
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Organized, with the ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy
- Meticulous attention to detail
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.