Assets & Reliability Engineering Manager II
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Oversees a team focusing on effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems at a highly automated location (MHE/APS). Additional and more complex equipment/machinery at these fully automated locations requires leading larger teams. This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
1. Ensures Automated Distribution Center and Material Handling Equipment/Automated Picking System(s) (MHE/APS) are running at maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
2. Directs the workflow, motivates, trains, and monitors the performance of warehouse associates involved in the maintenance functions
3. Responsible for a small to medium size team with the ability to direct, supervise, and develop said team
4. Diagnoses error conditions occurring in the facility and repairs accordingly in support of division operations.
5. Schedules and executes ongoing preventive maintenance program for building and material handling equipment.
6. Monitors work processes and makes suggestions for modifications in order to increase and improve productivity, efficiency, and accuracy, for the purpose of improving costs; implements changes as directed or needed.
7. Responsible for efficient operation of high-automation equipment in the facility; ensures that problems with equipment such as air and heating systems, conveyor systems, and forklift equipment are addressed
8. Keeps facility management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and
coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
9. Assists in the configuration maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE
and APS control systems to include programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming
10. Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and automated picking systems
and defines necessary modifications.
11. Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
12. Develops annual facility operating budget for utilities, spare parts, training and
maintenance contracts and presents to management.
13. Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance janitorial snow removal
landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE/APS systems.
14. Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and Drug
Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations
15. Ensures the maintenance of records documenting maintenance tasks, spare parts
inventory, and tools are recorded
16. Ensures that building safety and security inspections are performed
17. Associate is required to work split shifts nights and weekends as well as be on call to
respond to downtime events.
18. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Facilities/Plant Management preferred with extensive experience with start-up and troubleshooting of an automated distribution warehouse required. Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in an automated distribution warehouse environment with large volume distribution operations. Experience in the development of preventive maintenance
programs disaster planning and knowledge of chilled water systems cooling towers diesel powered back-up generators electric and diesel fire pumps air handling units and roof top air conditioning units.
1. Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic
equipment and systems.
2. Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and
Manhattan Associates' Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
3. Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
4. Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams and
electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings
5. Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers
programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working
7. Effective written communications presentation skills and organizational skills
8. Ability to operate independently to multi-task and to prioritize quickly
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word Access Excel Project and PowerPoint; knowledge of
AutoCad is also preferred
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.