Senior Counsel - Supply Chain
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is a hybrid role based in our Conshohocken, PA office.
This is a position within the Legal Department for a lawyer with strong commercial contracting skills and the ability to deliver business-oriented, effective and efficient legal services, project management, and strategic counseling on significant business matters in Cencora’s Distribution and Supply Chain unit primarily supporting the Health Systems and Specialty business team.
- Senior Counsel will prepare, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts including commercial purchasing agreements, GPO agreements, and RFP responses in accordance with the Company’s objectives and policies and procedures
- The ideal candidate is a skilled lawyer who understands the legal issues and can balance legal advice with pragmatic and strategic business-minded considerations
- While strong legal skills are essential, the ideal candidate is expected to provide advice based on a nuanced understanding of Cencora’s business, industry, and operations, and to work as a proactive business partner in achieving Cencora’s business goals and objectives, while protecting Cencora's interests by identifying and managing regulatory and other risks
- The ideal candidate will also be expected to provide advice in a succinct and straight-forward manner, while working directly with internal leadership, sales, financial, and operations personnel
- In this role, Senior Counsel is required to be adept at handling legal projects, matters, and issues and should demonstrate technical legal skills and expertise sufficient to undertake customary and/or recurring projects, matters, and issues with minimal supervision in most instances
- The lawyer in this role should have the capability to demonstrate project management skills because the Senior Counsel role often requires the lawyer in this role to take on mixed legal and business responsibility for, and project management of, contracts or other matters that the client group wants to pursue
- The Senior Counsel should be able to represent Cencora and his or her relevant client groups on customary business contracts or other matters
- The Senior Counsel may be required in these situations to have an integral role in both legal and business negotiations
- The Senior Counsel should demonstrate decision-making capability and should be proficient in being able to make business-oriented yet legally compliant recommendations to his or her clients
- The Senior Counsel is expected to solve a range of straightforward problems, analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures
- The lawyer in this role should be able to juggle multiple matters and effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks to ensure that work is completed in a timely and efficient matter
- The lawyer in this role is expected to seek out and accept developmental opportunities and special projects as they arise
What your background should look like
- Law Degree - must be a graduate of an accredited law school and admitted into the state bar
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience as a lawyer combined with focused experience in commercial transactions, contract negotiation and drafting
- The lawyer in this role should have sufficient expertise in those areas of legal practice that are necessary to provide legal counsel effectively to his or her clients
- The lawyer in this role is comparable to a junior or mid-level associate in a law firm and is a lawyer who can do sophisticated work with minimal guidance and oversight in most instances
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and legal procedures
- Willingness to work with cross-functional teams including the sales and finance teams on contract negotiations
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to negotiate directly with external parties with little oversight
- In this role, the lawyer is expected to build knowledge of Cencora'ss businesses and industry policies and practices
- Ability to contribute to legal team’s ongoing efforts to create, improve and operationalize internal processes, best practices, and commercial templates
- Demonstrates confidence in work product and seeks guidance on specific, sophisticated issues
- Excellent judgment and ability to resolve complex issues effectively, including demonstrating good business judgment by knowing what issues to push, when to seek help internally, and how to manage Cencora’s internal negotiation and approvals process
- Drafting skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide contract interpretation counsel and business law advice directly to senior business leaders and decision-makers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to follow and interpret legal trends
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.