Senior Controls Engineer, Manufacturing and Facilities Operations
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under moderate supervision of the Director – Engineering & Maintenance, the Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for development, upgrades, continuous improvement, and support of the facility. The Senior Controls Engineer will be responsible leading the maintenance and troubleshooting equipment and control system issues including but not limited to American Health Packaging’s (AHP) Building Management System (BMS), Acsis Serialization, and network-based controls and data acquisition systems.
Participate in the development and implementation of connected enterprise strategies that support AHP’s business objectives.
Maintain AHP’s BMS and connected enterprise strategy. Uses well developed knowledge of process automation and networking to assess and supply strategic direction for plant wide network troubleshooting and continuous improvement. Maintains, improves on, and supports current and future converged plant wide networks, automation and controls systems. Maintenance and support include regular monitoring of system health, security improvements, and troubleshooting of system failures/outages.
Establishes validation strategy for new or upgraded plant wide networks that satisfies cGMP requirements. Writes, reviews, and executes validation protocols and reports as required. Supervises work performed by other team members and contractors.
Creates implementation plans, then prioritizes activities and closely manages project milestones of assigned projects. Identify options and contingencies to keep numerous active projects on track. Maintains project costs to within approved budgets. Identifies program problems and obtains/proposes solutions when needed.
Manages vendor-partner relationships including selecting vendors, defining requirements, negotiating price/delivery/etc., maintaining accountability, ensuring mutual confidentiality, and providing close oversight of vendor work activities.
Develops and implements necessary SOPs and training documents; trains engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel on system features and SOPs.
Develops and submits documentation to the Executive Team regarding current status of projects, compliance to schedules, strategic planning, and project budgets.
Ensures standardization of formal procedures and processes for Engineering and organization as a whole. Works actively and effectively with personnel at all levels within AHP’s organization.
Leads continuous improvement activities by proposing performance improvements or cost reduction changes generated through process, part or material changes.
Design, configuration, integration, and implementation of process control solutions.
Development and review of electrical schematics, P&IDs, software systems and logic, hardware / software design specifications.
Assists with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) including verification of accuracy of wiring diagrams and PLC and HMI software.
Responsible for capital project management.
What your background should look like
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
2. Minimum of 5 years as Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer or related jobs.
3. Hands-on experience configuring IT/OT equipment as well as having experience in the OT (Operations Technology) networking space.
4. Experience with Rockwell software (FactoryTalk, RSLogix).
5. Experience with automation controls (Allen Bradley PLCs) and HMIs (PanelView/Industrial PCs/Distributed HMI) preferred.
6. Familiarity with a variety of security and/or networking concepts, practices, and procedures, to include manufacturing and enterprise network convergence, network protocols, communication optimization, application effects on system performance and human exploitation techniques on the manufacturing network.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Innovative, decisive, results oriented leader with strong problem-solving skills. Strong ability to quickly understand and triage networking issues, working alone or with other teams to resolve issues in a live environment.
2. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills, ability to analyze technical issues, define/solve problems, establish project plans, evaluate solutions, and draw valid conclusions.
3. Demonstrated results in implementing complex solutions on time, within budget, and meeting specified requirements; demonstrated results managing many projects concurrently.
4. Familiar with FDA cGMP practices.
5. Familiarity with Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market trends.
6. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
7. Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical packaging equipment and PLC / HMI software systems.
8. Experience and understanding of PLC and HMI software including but not limited to Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and ELAU control systems.
9. Experience designing and programming control system with emphasis on PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA systems.
10. Experience in commissioning and start-up of control systems
11. Advanced project management skills.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Amerisource Health Services, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.