Pharmacy Concierge Technician (Onsite -Norfolk, VA)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Cencora is seeking a qualified Pharmacy Concierge (Meds-to-Beds) Technician for an open-door, outpatient Retail Pharmacy servicing primarily patients and employees of Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters (CHKD), as well as the surrounding community.
This position is 100% ON-SITE at the following client location:
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
601 Children's Lane
Norfolk, VA 23507
Under close supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility, coordinates preparation of take-home prescriptions for patients being discharged from the hospital to home as part of a “meds-to-beds” service. Position is based out of the retail pharmacy with a significant portion of duties taking place on hospital floors and/or in patient rooms.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports all Concierge Service related activities from prescription intake to bedside delivery at time of patient discharge, including:
- Collaborates with members of the medical team to identify appropriate patients
- Discusses service with and obtains consent from interested patients or guardians
- Collects necessary demographic, clinical, and insurance information for filling of prescriptions.
- Enters complete and accurate patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Processes and adjudicates patient’s prescriptions to insurance plan
- Prepares/assembles prescription products quickly and accurately prior to pharmacist verification
- Serves as primary resource to resolve any medication issues including formulary/coverage issues, copay issues, and patient assistance program eligibility.
- Triages any issues requiring clinical judgement to pharmacist for resolution
- Works with appropriate patient care team members to create medication access for patients who have limited financial resources.
- Anticipates and proactively averts medication-related barriers to an on-time discharge.
- Provides follow-up to patients and family to ensure ongoing medication access as needed.
- Assists in establishing policies and procedures specific to the Concierge Services Program.
- Participates in Concierge Service marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Professionally answers inbound pharmacy telephone calls, assisting patients or triaging to the appropriate resource.
- Complies with all established regulatory and organizational policies and procedures.
- Orders, receives, and places inventory in stock by utilizing knowledge of order placement, receiving, and merchandising.
- Provides education to pharmacy, and other patient discharge related departments regarding current policy and process as it pertains to the patient assistance program and pharmacy exception process.
- Participates in achieving clinical and business goals and metrics for the Ambulatory Pharmacy concierge Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
License to work as a pharmacy technician in the state of Virginia required.
Requires 2-3 years of experience in a community-based retail or hospital outpatient pharmacy or equivalent training and experience.
Experience working with a pediatric patient population highly desirable but not required
Pharmacy Technician certified with a state or national technical certification organization preferred (may be required in some states).
CNA’s/LPN’s/RN’s with any relevant pharmacy experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Understanding and process knowledge of medication billing systems in an ambulatory pharmacy setting
Direct experience and knowledge of Patient Assistance Programs and/or indigent drug programs is highly desired.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
Ability to prioritize, facilitate, and problem-solve multiple time-sensitive tasks to completion.
Strong organizational, record-keeping, and time management skills are essential
Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
Good analytical skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.