Business Development Manager
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
We’re hiring dynamic Business Development Manager to join our Sales team in the UK. In this role, you’ll be responsible for increasing top-line revenue growth and profitability by selling products and services towards new and some existing clients.
What you’ll be doing:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and develop a positive and mutually beneficial business relationship to through evaluating and understanding market/client needs and requirements
- Preserve and expand client database within your territory by actively using various customer sales methods; meetings, cold calling, presentations, trade shows, seminars etc.
- Deliver agreed sales targets (revenue and activity) and outcomes within schedule
- Promote the company’s products/services with clients’ objectives and requirements in mind
- Drive business and growth primarily with new clients through various sales instruments; meetings, cold calls, emails, events, seminars etc.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market and conduct research to identify new markets and needs
- Follow up on all leads and opportunities generated through various channels (e.g. marketing)
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers through a strategic and planned approach.
- Create account plans and execute following these plans.
- Present our company to potential clients & audience during tradeshows, seminars & events.
- Attend internal meeting, sales events and training's to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Address customer concerns and complaints and collaborate with internal departments to rectify.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment as well as newest developments in the market and new products or services of the own company as well as of the competition
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. sales, OPS/CS, senior management, CGT, Commercial) to address customers’ needs and to drive business opportunities.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Actively use and record all sales activities (meetings, calls, emails, leads, opportunities, events) in our CRM system Salesforce.
- Accept queries from customers and writes offers with the support of BD team
- Controls that agreement and accounts terms are met from both parties e.g. payment terms, tariffs and volumes.
The holder of this position must fulfill the obligations in such a way that:
- all tasks are completed in a correct, timely, rapid and cost-efficient manner;
- the general and specific sales-goals in regard to market-penetration, turnover and profit are reached.
- the loyalty to the customer and company is maintained;
- the image and the name-recognition of the corporation is strengthened in the region, and that the corporation acquires new customers.
Business Development Manager informs the Sub-Regional Sales & Marketing Manager in the following issues:
- the effect of and resonance to advertising and marketing actions;
- advertising by the competition;
- Suggestions, advice on changes, and complaints by the customers;
- Presentation of the company’s service to customers;
- Current offers and their chances of success
What your background should look like
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in English
- Written and verbal communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Understands important of and has no issues with cold calling
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Market knowledge (life science or logistics)
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Advanced ability in building productive business relationships
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
What we offer:
- Excellent Salary and company benefit package
- Company Car/ Travel Allowance
- Bonus- Sales Incentive Plan
- Cafeteria Allowance
- Global Travel and Life Insurance Program
- An unique opportunity to work in a global purpose drive company and make an impact
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Courier (UK) Ltd
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.