Pharmacist - Part-Time/PRN
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Location: Onsite in Independence, IA
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the dispensing of inpatient and discharged medications; verifies prescribed medications according to professional standards, facility procedures, and state and federal legal requirements.
2. Supervise and evaluate the work of pharmacy technicians including actions related to unit dosing, preparation, labeling and billing
3. Verify accuracy of medication pulled by technicians for the automated dispensing machine (ADM)
4. Interpret and verify orders against patient profiles to detect potential drug interaction or duplication of drug therapy in the pharmacy electronic records, including incompatibilities and appropriateness of medication therapy.
5. Assess the potential for an occurrence of adverse effects or drug induced diseases; Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse effects; report adverse events
6. Ensure dispensing of medications from the pharmacy is consistent with prescriber's orders, including verification of accuracy of labeling completed by the pharmacy technicians.
7. Monitor and maintain adequate pharmacy inventory and records compliant with state and federal law
8. Monitor and maintain the ADM and inventory for ADM
9. Monitor and maintain emergency medications used within the facility
10. Assess and monitor changes in physical, psychological and laboratory conditions to assure dosage adjustment; recommend therapeutic changes based on patients’ condition
11. Evaluate patient’s condition to identify untreated health problems and ensure all issues are being treated and recommend appropriate treatment to physicians
12. Participate in team treatment meetings to discuss drug therapy, address medication concerns, and recommend laboratory tests to be ordered for clinical drug monitoring
13. Keep accurate documentation of medication plans and patient progress in pharmacy software.
14. Provide information about medications to the facility, answer questions and concerns about drugs and medications as they arise
15. Stay abreast of current trends in drug therapy and medication use
16. Attend/complete all required State of Iowa employee training
17. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. requires a minimum of eight (8) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; a Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. An unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Pharmacist in resident state is required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
6. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Good analytical skills
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.