Marketplace Category Analyst (Remote)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under general direction of the Director, Consumer Operations, the Category Analyst is responsible for providing analytic and presentation development support for the Cencora consumer business team. Examples of types of analysis include, but are not limited to, business assessments, category reviews, pricing optimization, financial modeling and volume forecasting. The Category Analyst will use a variety of data sources, including consumption-based POS, to analyze and deliver information. This position will also own all new item set-up and requires the ability to work effectively on an independent basis but also as part of a larger work team. Exceeding team expectations, performing within deadlines and providing highly accurate and actionable deliverables are also key responsibilities of a Category Analyst. This role will work closely with the Cencora category management group and may also include cross functional and external stakeholder/vendor interaction. A Category Analyst is responsible for searching out new, competitive opportunities for Cencora and for helping to ensure an industry leading position for Cencora and their customers. The individual in this position will also be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Follow and embrace the leadership and cultural principles within the Cencora Marketplace and SGS Services and Solutions teams.
- Manage the use and application of syndicated and non-syndicated data resources to support the Cencora Marketplace businesses and own key projects as identified by leadership team.
- Enhance business operations through development of consultative insights and presentations directed towards generating increased sales, profits and/or margins; develop relevant strategic insights through detailed analysis and utilization of all available data and resources.
- This role is intended to be deeply involved in the category and marketing planning process, especially regarding excellent internal execution of new items and providing additional analytical support for category reviews and business planning.
- Support the promotional planning efforts of the Cencora Marketplace team and conduct promotional analysis or forecasting, as needed.
- Develop reports and trackers (as needed) to communicate results and support the Cencora Marketplace’s efforts to meet plans, budgets, objectives and goals.
- Create and maintain an “excellence in execution” process for management of marketplace marketing services.
- Be creative and innovative; be open to change and improving communication, process or other to impact future growth.
- Manage a diverse set of projects and priorities based on short term and long term business needs and opportunities.
- Appropriately work cross-functionally or with external associates and vendors to gather data in order to ensure the team meets their annual goals and business plans.
- Promote and support ABC company policies, procedures, mission, vision and core values.
- Develop and lead self; attend appropriate skills or industry training classes to build competencies; work with direct manager to meet/exceed expectations in order to qualify for increased responsibility; be considered as upwardly mobile within the organization.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, finance, accountancy, sales, marketing, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor’s degree program. Normally requires a minimum of 1+ years progressively responsible related experience; retail, category management or consumer packaged goods experience preferred.
- Proven ability to apply IRI/Nielsen, POS or other consumption-based data to business strategy
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; able to work and adjust in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of tracking and reporting sales and financial results
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Developing ability to influence others
- Developing leadership skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Developing presentation skills
- Strong technical skills: proficient with the MS office suite and financial reporting tools
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.