Customer Engagement Manager - West - Animal Health
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
The Customer Engagement Manager will oversee the calling efforts (both inbound and outbound) and sales of the remote Customer Engagement Reps (CERs). This position will provide team leadership and guidance in order to best support MWI sales initiatives and priorities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead all inside sales staff (CER’s).
- Plan and schedule weekly sales meetings.
- Work closely with the Manager/Director to create a team environment and to establish/implement overall sales programs and priorities.
- Schedule CER’s work hours, vacations, and ride-alongs with Territory Managers.
- Recruit, hire, and coach CER’s as needed.
- Implement inbound calling programs to support overall sales initiatives and priorities, exceptional customer service, and problem resolution.
- Establish outbound calling programs to support super products, deliveries, and new account penetration.
- Identify inside sales training needs and work with the CER Trainer to coordinate training efforts.
- Work closely with the top vendors to ensure adequate product and promotion training.
- Travel to corporate office or other designated locations for meetings and training as needed.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Typically three or more years in related sales management experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired. Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel, preferable.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Evaluate Effectiveness: Assesses the overall effectiveness of past and current initiatives from planning through implementation; reviews competitive and benchmark data; identifies strategic opportunities for improvement and incorporates ideas into future planning activities.
- Build Quality Service: Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.
- Build a Sales System: Views selling systematically, including problem solving, cross-selling, targeting accounts and seeking out prospects; understands the business matrix of products and services; promotes a sales force who aggressively work to leverage the breadth and depth of customer relationships.
- Orient and Train: Plans and prepares for the arrival of a new employee; strives to ensure the transition into the organization is successful; prioritizes and arranges for on-the-job training to maximize productivity.
- Demonstrate Interpersonal Skills: Communicates in an open, straight forward, honest, and respectful style; checks for message clarity; understands the effect the communication style has on others, including nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety of communication preferences and needs of others.
- Facilitate Meetings: Prepares for, facilitates, and follows through after meetings to ensure that group interactions are purposeful, efficient, and productive.
- Foster Open Dialogue: Creates a working environment in which there is a free flow of information among all team members; encourages people to openly express thoughts and feelings.
- Build Effective Teams: Develops an understanding of and assesses group dynamics; takes action to enhance the productivity and collaboration among subordinates and peers; creates an environment that encourages and reinforces teamwork.
- Build and Sustain Relationships: Establishes rapport with individuals; builds trust by dealing openly and honestly with all levels within the organization; uses effective communication and follow-through to sustain relationships.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.