Patient Services Specialist (Onsite- Knoxville, TN)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Location: Knoxville, TN
Shift: Day shift flexible between 8AM-5PM
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Navigate the health care system and its component parts to achieve prescription fulfillment and improved patient outcomes. Provides advice as the subject matter expert to client sponsors and collaborate with stakeholders on opportunities to expand the health system’s services and increase revenue by developing business plans and execute the marketing plan to enhance pull through opportunity.
2. Assess, develop and recommend the best method of providing specialty prescription pharmacy services to support patients.
3. Serve as the initial contact for all identified client specialty pharmacy prescriptions. Responsible for marketing, prior authorization, EMR, documentation etc.
4. Responsible for influencing physician and clinic staff to refer patients to health systems preferred specialty pharmacy provider through education and excellent customer service. Promote the value and benefits of the preferred pharmacy. Continue to facilitate patient referral in a timely manner and delivers exceptional client service to clinic staff and clinic patients.
5. Serve as primary point of contact responsible for service delivery and serve as the “face to the customer”. Develop and maintain close relationships with clinic staff, physician, pharmacy and hospital contacts through face to face interactions. Provide consultation or expert advice to management. Build trust and confidence in patient services to increase patient referrals and prescription capture rates.
6. Support customer relationship by delivering professional presentations and facilitating educational meetings as needed, to clinic staff, physician, pharmacy and hospital contacts.
Use onsite presence to consult and implement process improvements to integrate services for better customer experience for physician, clinic staff, patient and pharmacy.
7. Work extended hours when needed to ensure patients receive their medication and to complete business plan objectives. Provide backup coverage to support clients and patients in the event of absence of other assigned resources.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of four (4) years in fields such as Benefit Verification, Prior Authorization, Medical Billing, Medical Office Administration, Social Work, Medical Records, Patient Financial Services, Pharmacy, Nursing or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a 2 to 4-year degree. Prefer prior client account management experience or other relevant healthcare experience. Pharmacy technician certification with a national technical certification organization, such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or comparable state certification required at time of hire. Knowledge of healthcare insurance, prior authorization and/or coding is preferred. May travel to multiple clinics to perform responsibilities.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. High degree of accountability and ability to work independently in a self-directed fashion
2. Highly effective communicate skills, effectively both orally and in writing
3. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
4. Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
5. Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively to improve customer satisfaction
6. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Excellent analytical skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.